|WikiProject Statistics||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
I gave this a "Start-Class" rating on the quality scale. To improve in quality, this article needs at least the following:
- A picture showing the conditional Poisson distribution as x changes.
- A separate section on maximum likelihood estimation, giving the likelihood function with graphs of its surface, and going into greater detail on numerical methods for finding its maximum.
- Discussion of the relationship to proportional hazard models.
- A section on the use of Poisson regression in spatial models.
- A section giving more examples in detail.
- Better and deeper references.
The present article states: "Regularization can be added to this optimization problem by instead maximizing