Talk:Pollutant Standards Index
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Pollutant Standards Index article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Singapore||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Environment||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Should the haze situation in Singapore be included?
This is an article about the PSI, not about the haze situation. Should things such as the availability of masks or the stop-work order be included in the article?
Also, the Singapore part of the article changes abruptly from the general PSI usage to the 2013 haze situation specifically. This does not seem like it belongs here, and should be moved to somewhere more suitable. Maybe here? Silvermael (talk) 06:29, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- Makes a lot of sense. I've moved the part about the masks to that new article. --22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:10, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- By the same token, I've moved a bulk of text about the haze situation to the new article. Itemsmono (talk) 07:13, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- The entire article on the haze in Singapore should be moved over to the new article and any current information should be deleted. The article covers on PSI but majority of the information is on Singapore and Malaysia. How about information on the United States's PSI? fireblaster_lyz 09:24, 22 June 2013 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Fireblaster lyz (talk • contribs)
- The Singapore section is written with a very conspiratorial tone. This can be misconstrued or misused as an official source supporting a "PSI cover-up" conspiracy. I find this to run counter to Wikipedia's neutrality. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:36, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
- I concur that running PSI readings in Singapore don't belong to this article and so I'm deleting it. Banedon (talk) 00:52, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
Moved Malaysia info
The information on Malaysia was already covered in Air Pollution Index so I have merged the content from here to that article. This just leaves the question - should this article just be about the PSI in Singapore or should it include the original US EPA index. If it is a more general article on the PSI and indices derived from it, then we probably need to merge back Air Pollution Index to this article and write a more general introduction. Any comments? --NHSavage (talk) 20:22, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Pollutant Standards Index. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130624015317/http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/psi-hits-new-all-time/719496.html to http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/psi-hits-new-all-time/719496.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.