|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Pridi Banomyong article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Spelling of His Name
Japan DID invade Thailand
A Slice of Thai History: The Japanese invasion of Thailand 8 December 1941 (part two) by Duncan Stearn. For part one, change 505 in the URL to 504, and to 506 for part 3. Meanwhile, I'm reverting the last change. --Pawyilee (talk) 07:38, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
There is a shocking level of unsupported pejorative language in here. In several places, "violent" is used, where no violence actually occurred, as with Pridi's voluntary exile after his proposed economic policy. The phrase "double-dealing" for Pridi's wartime activities is highly prejudicial, and entirely unexplained. An examination of the literature on Pridi's role during WWII does not support that phrase, unless one somehow interprets working for the underground resistance and as regent at the same time as "double-dealing". Surely we wouldn't see such phrasing for someone working for the French government and the French underground resistance, so I'm not sure why it is allowed here, without explanation. I could spell out more cases, but it isn't difficult to find the pejorative language, Pridi's enemies shouldn't be allowed to bias the article through the use of such language without support, justification, explanation, or evidence. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:08, 30 January 2017 (UTC) Added: It baffles me that anyone would refer to the discredited and incoherent book by William Stevenson to make any point at all.
- Those appear to be the result of edits by 18.104.22.168 from October 2016. I've reverted the edits, but some of the content might warrant inclusion if properly worded and sourced. --Paul_012 (talk) 06:17, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Pridi Banomyong. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.geocities.com/pbanomyong/articles/diplomatic.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060615114840/http://www.mfa.go.th/web/130.php to http://www.mfa.go.th/web/130.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.