- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was no consensus. JPG-GR (talk) 00:23, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
Prince Michael Andreevich of Russia → Prince Michael Romanov (b. 1924) — To conform with the other Romanov princes who are issue from unequal marriages. The modern Romanov princes tend to title themselves Prince NN Romanov. —Morhange (talk) 00:03, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's naming conventions.
- Support as nom. Either Prince Michael Romanov (b. 1924) or Prince Michael Andreevich Romanov since there are other Prince Michaels. Morhange (talk) 00:03, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Oppose He himself claims the title Prince of Russia.  Saying he is from an unequal marriage is disputed and pov as by one interruption of Romanov House Laws he is a dynastic member. He was born in 1920. - dwc lr (talk) 09:41, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Comment What about Prince Dimitri Romanov? All of the second princes here seem to be titled Prince NN Romanov, so we should make a decision regarding how they should be titled. Michael's brother's article is at Prince Andrew Romanov. So do we us Romanov or of Russia? Morhange (talk) 12:26, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Prince Dimitri Romanov claims the title "Prince of Russia" and I have on occasion seen him referred to by it. Some of them use the surname Romanov and title Prince so I would use what they are best known as be it "Romanov" or "of Russia". I only chose "of Russia" in this case as that is how I saw him referred to the most. - dwc lr (talk) 13:16, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
- Any additional comments:
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.