Talk:Prince singles discography
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Prince singles discography article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Material from Prince discography was split to Prince singles discography on September 11 2011. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. Please leave this template in place to link the article histories and preserve this attribution. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:Prince discography.|
download-only songs and Internet downloads
Holy River, Betcha By Golly Wow
Betcha By golly wow reached 31 on Billboard Hot 100 Airplay, and Holy River peaked at 58 on same chart. At the time of their release, promotional singles weren't allowed to enter the Hot 100... so today Taylor Swift's promotional singles are breaking records, whilst Prince's somewhat successful singles look on this page as if they did not impact US at all, which is incorrect. Because of this, I feel it is a better solution to put '31' and '58' under the US column, because promotional singles technically do count, and Hot 100 Airplay is close to Hot 100. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:08, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
US Chart Positions
Please keep in mind that "Mainstream Top 40" is an unacceptable source for US chart positions. That chart is all about airplay on pop radio, radically different from the Hot 100 formula that is being referenced everywhere else. Always use the Hot 100 as the key reference unless noted otherwise WolfSpear (talk) 06:15, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 8 external links on Prince singles discography. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131105082230/http://www.infodisc.fr/Artiste_Ventes.php to http://www.infodisc.fr/Artiste_Ventes.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090122115539/http://australian-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Prince to http://australian-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Prince
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081226144816/http://austriancharts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Prince to http://austriancharts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Prince
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150925145353/http://dutchcharts.com/search.asp?cat=a&search=Princec to http://dutchcharts.com/search.asp?cat=a&search=Princec
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081227033831/http://norwegiancharts.com/search.asp?cat=a&search=Prince to http://norwegiancharts.com/search.asp?cat=a&search=Prince
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090722144644/http://www.chartstats.com/search.php?q=Prince to http://www.chartstats.com/search.php?q=Prince
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110721125210/http://irishcharts.ie/search/placement to http://irishcharts.ie/search/placement
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.allaccess.com/urban/future-releases
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.