- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
Provincial highway → State highway — Currently this article redirects to Highway, however this is used in the same context as state highway to refer to a system of numbered highways maintained by a state, and not just a generic "highway". --AdmrBoltz 04:31, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- Speedy close redirect retargetting is discussed at WP:RFD, not requested moves. This is not a move request. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:54, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- And WP:Wikipedia is not a bureaucracy. - ʄɭoʏɗiaɲ τ ¢ 08:20, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- So, I guess I should use WP:RM for deletion discussions then? Or vandalism reports? There are appropriate forums available, why should they exist if everyone just uses any old forum to discuss anything that actually has a specific forum 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:52, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, retargetting discussions are generally sorted out on the respective Talk pages. You may advertise the discussion on RfD (or even RM though that's much less common) but retargetting a redirect is no different than any other editorial change of content. It get's sorted out here. Rossami (talk) 14:48, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- State highway is about highway networks called "State Highway", not about highway networks at a national or subnational level. If provincial highway is retargeted (with relevant content added) its scope would become unclear. A more suitable target would be Numbered highways in Canada. For comparison, National Highway is a disambiguation page, with no article, so maybe "state highway" should be split and replaced by a set index article. "Provincial highway" could also become a set index article if ambiguous. Peter E. James (talk) 13:33, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- This should be listed at WP:RFD, where it is more likely to eventually be closed, and I would agree with Peter E. James that Numbered highways in Canada is a better target. PKT(alk) 14:45, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- The discussion above is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.