|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Quatermass 2 article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Quatermass 2 has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
In the Penguin Encyclopaedia of Horror and the Supernatural, Kim Newman notes that Quatermass II is "a specific attack on the Conservative government of the time, down to the inclusion of several characters obviously based on real political figures." It might be interesting if someone could elaborate on this - any thoughts? PhilipC 23:23, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
- If you're still around and you've got the source, why not add this yourself and cite it? Cheers, Ian Rose 10:38, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
- I didn't think it was a particularly informative thing to say, but I've put it in now. Thanks. PhilipC 10:47, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
I've removed this bit for now because it needs a source to support it. It sounds too much like someone's personal opinion.
Many erroneously believe the film to be the first film in cinematic history to have a '2' in its title to designate it as a sequel to the original; however, this is not correct. The '2' in the title refers not to the film as the second in the series, but to Quatermass's second attempt at a space rocket. (The film that has the distinction of being the first to use a '2' in its title to designate itself as a sequel is The Godfather, Part II in 1974.)
- Technically this is true - there is a Quatermass 2 rocket in the plot, analogous to the German V-2 - but I'm sure it has a double meaning. More to the point, this article calls the film Quatermass 2 but the UK theatrical poster right there on the page calls it Quatermass II. Which is correct? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:59, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
- It is reasonably well written.
- a (prose): b (MoS):
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
This article meets the Good Article criteria and has therefore been passed. I would suggest that the Plot section be divided into four paragraphs, rather than one giant paragraph, but that's just my opinion. Great job! Wildroot (talk) 22:24, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Quatermass 2. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20090124230430/http://hammerfilms.com:80/productions/film/quatermass-ii to http://www.hammerfilms.com/productions/film/quatermass-ii
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20110715134914/http://www.quatermass2.com/ to http://www.quatermass2.com/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked