Talk:Quebec Major Junior Hockey League
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article is written in Canadian English (colour, centre, travelled, realize, analyze), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Team name translation
This being the English Wikipedia, I think the team names should be partially translated. Just as the French-Canadian media write "les Flyers de Philadelphie", we should write "the Gatineau Olympiques" (but not "Olympics"). If there are no objections, I'll make the changes next week. Indefatigable 19:39, 23 Oct 2003 (UTC)
Relocation of teams
1994, Verdun College-Francais move to Halifax
No they didn't. Halifax was an expansion team. I believe Verdun folded and the Mooseheads first player (Jean-Sebastien Giguere) was acquired in the subsequent dispersal draft. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
Granby Bisons relocation
There was another relocation error. Granby moved to Cape Breton, not Baie-Comeau. Baie-Comeau was an expansion team, instead of Cape Breton. Error has been corrected. —Preceding unsigned comment added by FrankCostanza (talk • contribs)
Accomplishments or Statistics section
- From Mario Lemieux article:
Lemieux started his career with the Laval Voisins of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). It did not take him long to make an impact, as he scored 184 points in his second season there and also played for Team Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championships. In the 1983-84 QMJHL season, Lemieux achieved heights that have yet to be equalled in Major Junior Hockey, setting the QMJHL record for points in a season with 133 goals and 282 points in 70 games, an average of just over four points a game. In his last game of the regular season alone, Lemieux scored six goals and six assists for twelve points in a 16-4 victory.
- Section has been added. Please make suggestions. Flibirigit 18:13, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:QuebecMajorJuniorHockeyLeague.png
Image:QuebecMajorJuniorHockeyLeague.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 03:46, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
- Fair use completed. Flibirigit 16:44, 14 June 2007 (UTC)
Probably Dumb Question
It would appear to the naked eye that the QMJHL is attempting to move outliers (Lewiston, St John's) into Quebec. If it's not league directed, it's certainly a noticeable phenomenon... is it worthy of inclusion? Essentially I'm asking if this has been noted in the press. -MichiganCharms (talk) 10:43, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- It's not really any league mandate, but more likely business decisions. St. John's is just a far spot for any team to get to, since all teams have to fly in, and the team has to fly out for every road trip. That's very rough for a minor junior team to do and not be losing money year in and year out. Lewiston's problem has been attendance apparently, and the Lewiston-Auburn area may just be too small to have enough fans to put the team in the black, especially with an AHL team (Portland) and high-profile college team (U of Maine) in the same area. I'm sure the QMJHL would love to have a team or two in the US, like the other CHL leagues, but realistically there aren't many good markets in reasonable distance. Burlington, VT would be a great market, but is dominated by UVermont hockey, and Plattsburgh, NY has shown previously it can't handle a team. Mtndrums (talk) 20:56, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
I have tried updating the season in the info box, but the link does not work. However, there is a page for the 08-09 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_QMJHL_season). Anyone know what is wrong with this page or what I am doing wrong? RonSigPi (talk) 17:16, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20060901160731/http://chl.ca:80/CHLRecordBook/home.html to http://www.chl.ca/CHLRecordBook/home.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20051220142145/http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca:80/old_lhjmq/statistiques/CONCESSIONS_fiches_ap20032004.html to http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/old_lhjmq/statistiques/CONCESSIONS_fiches_ap20032004.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20060927032534/http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca:80/old_lhjmq/Honneurs/Trophees_LHJMQ_ap200506.html to http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/old_lhjmq/Honneurs/Trophees_LHJMQ_ap200506.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.