|WikiProject Internet culture||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
This article is almost certainly here to stay
I see it's been deleted before, but I'm pretty sure Quechup has gone past any normal threshold of notability (or should I say, notoriety), and if it hasn't, it's momentum soon will. I was about to re-instate it with a couple links when I noticed that someone had posted the well-meaning if not-exactly-encyclopedic content:
- "Quechup is a social networking service web site. When new users sign up, they are prompted to give Quechup access to their email address book in order to populate the user's address book on Quechup. What Quechup fails to tell the user (or only does so in "fine print") is that the service will send messages to each address in the address book, asking all of those contacts to join Quechup, too. These email messages are considered spam by many recipients. Other recipients resort to sending abusive messages to the hapless new Quechup user.
- Avoid Quechup like the plague."
- Anyways given the sheer number of blog postings about the Quechup registration spamming that have come up over the last month, it will almost surely surface in print form very quickly. I was able to find at least one Wikipedia-notable source for linking to at the bottom, I'm sure there are others. Jun-Dai 13:51, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
Is Quechup out of business?
I think Quechup might have gone out of business. At least the website http://quechup.com/ is not longer online as of August 2014. The last successful crawl by the Internet Archive dates back to 2012: https://web.archive.org/web/20120502030423/http://www.quechup.com/ --18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:18, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on Quechup. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20080101133131/http://www.idatecorp.com:80/press-release.php?id=6 to http://www.idatecorp.com/press-release.php?id=6
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20071014052503/http://digitalflotsamwp.podshow.com:80/?p=153 to http://digitalflotsamwp.podshow.com/?p=153
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20081211022722/http://www.microsoft.com:80/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx to http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safety/technologies/senderid/default.mspx
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20071011143930/http://radar.oreilly.com:80/archives/2007/09/oauth_open_auth.html to http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/09/oauth_open_auth.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20081212053510/http://www.infoworld.com:80/weblog/robertxcringely/archives/2008/04/oops_you_just_s.html to http://www.infoworld.com/weblog/robertxcringely/archives/2008/04/oops_you_just_s.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070907133330/http://blogcritics.org:80/archives/2007/09/03/185547.php to http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/09/03/185547.php
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20140403070225/http://lilsabub.1a1.in:80/46814.html to http://lilsabub.1a1.in/46814.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.