|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article contains a translation of Radiotelevisión Española from es.wikipedia.|
I've decided against doing a straight translation of this page from the original Spanish version, because it is a bit scrappy. Instead, I'm going to include translations from other sources (for example RTVE's 2003 Annual Report which has a useful overview of the Corporation's history).
I would really appreciate some help with the following:
- [deleted info re: various incorporations] RadioTelevisión Española que desde 1977 era una organismo autónomo- se configuró en 1980 como entidad de derecho público, con personalidad jurídica propia, a través del Estatuto de la Radio y la Televisión, Ley que desarrolla y procede de la Constitución Española y del pluralismo político que la misma proclama como valor del ordenamiento jurídico y que dota a RTVE, como radiotelevisión pública, de una organización y un funcionamiento democráticos. ⇔ Further incorporations followed in 1977, from which time RTVE became an autonomous organization. In 1980, RTVE was configured by statute as a legal public entity with its own jurisdiction. This law both developed and proceeded from the Spanish Constitution and the political pluralism which had been proclaimed as a value of the legal code, and provided RTVE with a democratic organisation and function.
SoniaUK 22:39, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
And this please:
- Gestión privada o indirecta En estos casos nos encontramos ante una modalidad contractual de prestación de los servicios públicos, por cuanto dicha actividad corresponde a una persona privada que acuerda su prestación con la Administración Pública titular del servicio previo el oportuno proceso de selección del contratista. ⇔ [Indirect (or private) management is one of a number of methods available for the management of public service organisations in Spain.] It is a contractual model of public service provision, inasmuch as it corresponds with a private individual agreeing to the provision - with the public administration that was previously responsible having an opportunity to select the contractor. For further information on the management of public services in Spain, see es:Prestación de servicios públicos (España).)
SoniaUK 23:44, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
- Hmm. The passage in Spanish here is about government contracting out the provision of public services to private companies. That does not appear to be the model which applies here. RTVE is not a private company, but a state-owned corporation.
- Some translation points (although I don't think the passage should appear in the article): corresponde a = "is (made) the responsibility of", persona privada (here) = "private entity", previo = "subject to", oportuno = "due, appropriate". -- Picapica 10:26, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- La Corporación RTVE tiene naturaleza jurídica de sociedad anónima y su capital social es de titularidad íntegramente estatal aunque es independiente respecto del Gobierno y la Administración General del Estado. ⇔ Corporación RTVE has natural jurisdiction as a public limited company and its share capital is integral to the state, although RTVE is independent from the government and administration of the state.
SoniaUK 01:08, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
- Changed this to:
- The legal status of the Corporation is that of a wholly state-owned public limited company, although RTVE is independent of the government and the central state administration.
- (naturaleza jurídica = lit. juridical nature; de titularidad íntegramente estatal = wholly state-owned) -- Picapica 09:41, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
Proofreading: 3 issues
I am in the process of proofreading this translation and have three issues to raise:
1) The statistics on job cuts as part of the restructuring would be more meaningful if put into context: percentage of total positions cut, for instance, as opposed to a number that may mean little on its own
2) What is the source for RTVE already having the lowest number of employees compared to its other European counterparts? How is this measured, and by whom?
3) "Role as a public broadcaster" section: the roles and responsibilties outlined here appear to be taken from a charter or corporate regulations. What is the exact source? Reference to be added.
Elchiconico 09:12, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your help with this - the answers to your queries are as follows:
- 1) See answer to (2).
- 2) This was translated from the Spanish version of the page, see: es:RTVE Unfortunately there is no further information offered.
- 3) Again, this is from the Spanish version of the page, but I think the information is probably replicated in one of the other sources (for example, Article 3 of Ley 17/2006 seems to refer to this).
- I hope this helps!
- SoniaUK 16:09, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
I think the correct plural of "director general" is "directors general." See http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/directorgeneral?view=uk. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:43, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:RTVE.svg
Image:RTVE.svg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 00:11, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
RTVE, actually, isn't financed by advertising.
A lot of the article is unreferenced, disorganised, outdated and unsatisfactory in its content. I'd propose organising it like RAI's article which is more clear and concise. For example, compare the management section of RTVE to that of RAI. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cymru123 (talk • contribs) 23:16, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- Changed and updated quite a lot of the article, if anyone else has improvements, please do help! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Cymru123 (talk • contribs) 20:58, 31 July 2012 (UTC)