|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Reckitt Benckiser article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence, artefact), and some terms that are used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
Separate page for humidifier deaths
The humidifier death issue has become a big issue in South Korea. Some sources say that they are responsible for over 200 deaths nationwide. I would recommend creating a new page about the controversy.
- That seems unneccessary. The current content is neutral and well sourced. Jytdog (talk) 23:12, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
- Although Oxy RB's product have caused most victims, there are deaths and injures also caused by similar disinfectants from rival companies.
- The RB HQ just acquired the South Korean company in 2001, years after Oxy released their product.
- In fact, Oxy was not the first company to release such product: it was what is now a division of SK Innovation, predating Oxy's.
- We WP:SPLIT naturally when the content becomes too big to fit where it is now. That is not the case. Also the bigger story should probably be told in Polyhexamethylene guanidine. I find it hard to believe that this issue has only arisen in one country by one company. Jytdog (talk) 07:38, 20 May 2016 (UTC)
- In that case, the article about the incidents could focus on what did the companies (including Oxy, Cefu, Lotte Mart, SK, etc.) do during the event of controversy (like an attempt to hide the truth, refusing to take responsibility, do-not-buy campaigns, etc.). JSH-alive/talk/cont/mail 14:29, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
According to the PHMG page, it was sold as a water tank sterliser, but was widely misused by the public as a water additive. The Oxy brand was launched in 1996 - as has been noted, not the first such product - but RB did not actually acquire the company until 2001. Seems they were sold a lemon. Nick Cooper (talk) 16:17, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
- Yes in response to this thread I did some digging and found a recent review in the biomedical literature on PHMG; apparently it was only used on S Korea and Russia and in different ways. Jytdog (talk) 16:26, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
- A division of what is now OCI (company) released detergent product branded as Oxy Clean in 1980s (which predates similar U.S. product launched in 1997). The division was spun off into a separate company, Oxy, in December 1990. (The company did launch their own humid. disinfectant product in 1996, though.)
- 'Water additive' was what the manual instructed as so (Korean), not the average Kim's misuse.
- a) All dates which pre-date RB's acquisition of the company, which is the main point. RB did not introduce this product to market, because they didn't own Oxy in 1996, so we shouldn't go over-the-top on RB's culpability.
- b) Come back when you have an independent and accurate translation into English.Nick Cooper (talk 10:53, 3 June 2016 (UTC)
- My english is not good. please understand. In fact most important problem is that RB korea fabricate the toxicity test results. and they ignored victim before 5years. other company is just copycat. and they did not fabricate the toxicity test results. so I think it will be not separation. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:30, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
Jytdog! hey don't bother me. Massacre is proper word. Do you really know this dirty evil massacre?? Last chance! don't bother me wiki freak. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Hellchosun (talk • contribs) 09:54, 3 June 2016 (UTC)
RB pharmaceutical NAME CHANGE
In July 2015, RB changed its name to INDIVIOR UK Limited
This company owns "SUBOXONE" an opioid/heroin addiction treatment medicine-- the 'film' formulation is about $200.00 a box.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Reckitt Benckiser. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130514215436/http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=365970&catid=40 to http://www.thestatesman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=365970&catid=40
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150329132943/http://www.rb.com/rb-complete-demerger-of-indivior to https://www.rb.com/rb-complete-demerger-of-indivior
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111015130922/http://www.rb.com/Investors-media/Investor-information/Online-Annual-Report-2010 to http://www.rb.com/Investors-media/Investor-information/Online-Annual-Report-2010
- Added archive https://archive.is/20170209165431/http://www.connexionfrance.com/court-appeal-price-fixing-fine-upheld-consumer-companies-gillette-loreal-procter-gamble-sc-johnson-18567-view-article.html to http://www.connexionfrance.com/court-appeal-price-fixing-fine-upheld-consumer-companies-gillette-loreal-procter-gamble-sc-johnson-18567-view-article.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.