Talk:Recreational diver training
|WikiProject Scuba diving||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
BSAC, used a combination of amatures and professional instructors. The BSAC instructors workign professional outside of Brittan is probaly the main reason that BSAC no longer is a part of CMAS. Balp 19:28, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
It is not clear to me where this list if from and what is supposed to include, e.g., clearly rebreathers are not an entry level topic. The charts might be useful, but only if they are illustrating specific progressions and/or aiding in a compare and contrast of programs. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wiki4robert&me (talk • contribs) 20:33, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
Diver rescue in entry-level course
I've removed this recently added text as the citation to the NAUI website provides no evidence that the entry-level course includes an element of diver rescue; the first indication of diver rescue on that page is in the NAUI Master Scuba Diver course.
- NAUI. "Scuba Diver Course". NAUI. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- PADI. "Padi Open Water Diver Course". PADI. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- That, in point of fact, is not true, the NAUI Scuba Diver standard requires that all students demonstrate the ability to rescue a diver, and the NAUI Credo, on their web site states: "Anyone certified as a diver should be able to perform the basics of a rescue of a buddy diver."
- So I ditched my mistaken reference, fixed the references to point where they should, and replaced them.Wiki4Thal (talk) 04:42, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- I'm glad it's fixed, but what I wrote was true: "the first indication of diver rescue on that page is in the NAUI Master Scuba Diver course." I assume that the writers of the web site wanted to condense the overview of the courses so much that they lost some of the detail. Thanks for finding an accurate cite. --RexxS (talk) 14:04, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- I would like to see the earlier language that specified that PADI had rescue as part of their entry level course and then removed it, which is the case, rather than the more innocuous concept that PADI simply doesn't cover rescue in the entry course.Wiki4Thal (talk) 22:11, 27 December 2011 (UTC)
- That's fine as long as you have a reference to a reliable source which says that "PADI had rescue as part of their entry level course and then removed it". It's not explicitly stated in the ref you used originally (that I reproduced above). I seem to recall that it was the case many years ago, but I don't know of any source making that particular point. Sorry I can't be more help. --RexxS (talk) 01:20, 28 December 2011 (UTC)