Talk:Replicant (operating system)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Replicant (operating system) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest, Autobiography, and Neutral point of view.
Conflict of interest
I am going to add more informations to the page, though I have a conflict of interest with the article as I am the current Replicant main developer. PaulKocialkowski (talk) 16:49, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
I added some external reference because of the Notability issue
- Replicant was mentioned in an Italian magazine named "Linux&C." on the bottom-left of the page 6 of the "Mensile - Anno 12 Numero 72", ISSN 1129-2296
- There was a talk about Replicant at Droidcon spain: http://es.droidcon.com/lineup/ (in the biggest room after the keynote room).
Stagefright security flaw
- Wikipedia is not a collection of unverifiable speculation. See WP:SPECULATION. --Dodi 8238 (talk) 22:22, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- There is already an article about it: Stagefright (bug). That wasn't my point. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these two Wikipedia policies: WP:Verifiability and WP:SPECULATION. If you can't find a reliable source (preferably independent of Replicant) that says that Replicant can be "used to protect from the Stagefright Security Flaw", even "potentially", then we can't make that claim in this article. --Dodi 8238 (talk) 14:42, 28 July 2015 (UTC) [edited 16:15, 28 July 2015 (UTC)]
- Thank you for the new Stagefright WP article, which did not exist when I started this Talk topic. I hope that article gets further fleshed out over the coming days -- almost a billion users are affected! And thanks extremely much Dsimic for this very helpful link to the Bug #1287 Stagefright vulnerability Replicant ticket!!! If Replicant does protect from Stagefright, it becomes much more important than formerly, since many stock Android users have no current good options, and may never. If it is determined that Replicant does not protect from Stagefright and is unlikely to in future, that would be good information to mention in the article.-22.214.171.124 (talk) 17:30, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
- You're welcome. :) Let's hope that the Stagefright bug will increase the overall awareness of the lack of a proper update system for numerous Android devices. It's somewhat like plane crashes, which unfortunately must happen for certain aircraft design changes to be made. — Dsimic (talk | contribs) 19:23, 30 July 2015 (UTC)