This page was translated pretty directly from its original German Wikipedia page. I don't actually know anything about the town or its history, just doing some practice with my German. Crosswriter (talk) 21:52, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- Quite good translation, i have made only little changes. I hope it´s ok for you. Possibly, we should move the article to Rhina (village). Otherwise one can get a wrong idea, of this little village. --2micha (talk) 23:54, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you micha, I appreciate your input and contribution. I fully agree with replacing "town" with "village," especially after viewing the official website and seeing a picture of the quaint little place. Not sure exactly how to change the page title, but I'll give it a look (if I can't manage to do it, I invite you to do the same).
- My only question is the translation of the one sentence about pottery: "Im Reformationszeitalter ist im Dorf auch eine örtlich produzierende Töpferei nachweisbar." Is it just saying that a local pottery economy took hold, or is there something special or notable about this pottery? Seems a bit random, but I guess there's a lot of random tidbits like that in the article. I'm gonna tweak the wording once more, please let me know what you think.
- The sentence means only, that there was a normal pottery. I don't know the literature mentioned in the article. But i suppose it's mentioned, to point out that this was specific, compare to other villages in that area. It could be otherwise, that someone in the newer past hat found the remains of the pottery. This becomes part of the chronicle about Rhina, to describe economical situation (handcrafts, small trade etc.). If i can get some of the mentioned literature in the future, i will try to write more about that question. --2micha (talk) 08:37, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Oh, also, "Rhina" currently redirects to an article on some kind of fish. I don't know if there should be a disambiguation page now, or what, but if anybody knows how to set that up, please feel free, I am still new to editing Wikipedia... Thanks Crosswriter (talk) 22:00, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
- Ah I moved it before I saw this discussion. You were right, your account was to new to allow the move. The usual titles are "name, area" as in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut. This might have been better at Rhina, Haunetal, let me know. I also changed Rhina into a disambiguation. Cheers. Enter CambridgeBayWeather, waits for audience applause, not a sausage 04:23, 15 February 2009 (UTC)