Talk:Rice Lake (town), Wisconsin
|WikiProject Wisconsin||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Rice Lake (town), Wisconsin vs Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Hello all, I am from the Czech Rebublic (Czechia) and I am living in a small town called Zamberk (Žamberk). Zamberk and Rice Lake are Twin Towns, so I translated article on en Wiki - Rice Lake, Wisconsin. You will find it here: http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_Lake After that I have found, that there exist another article regarding Rice - Lake Rice Lake (town) on en Wikipedia. Is there any good soul who can explain me difference between Rice Lake (town) and simply Rice Lake? Is name Rice Lake used for larger area than only town? I think it is one possibility because when I have participated on establishing sister city relationship between Kunvald, CZ and Lititz, PA last year, I have found the same question in Lititz.
Thanking in advance, regards Bohemianroots 12:51, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
There is no difference; there are simply two different Wikipedia articles. Both articles refer to the same place, although apparently some people consider it a city and some people consider it a town. Hope this clears up the confusion! ~Rice Lake resident
- Ok thanks I see, but why population is 3,026 in one and 8,320 citizens in another article?
Bohemianroots 20:06, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
Okay, this article actually refers to the township of Rice Lake - which I believe is a subdivision, not an organized town/city. Does that simply warrant a page title change? The info looks reasonably accurate from what I recall about the township. Rohdeaa 08:12, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
- Hi- keep the article as is. The village of Rice Lake and the town of Rice Lake are 2 seperate government entities. The town of Rice Lake, Wisconsin is legally an organized town within the county. Also one more note there are no townships in Wisconsin. This can be an vexing, confusing item considering the surrounding states of Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois have townships.Thank you-RFD 23:40, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Rice Lake (town), Wisconsin. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.