|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
cause of death
According to http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Activist-Richard-Aoki-named-as-informant-3800133.php#page-2 he shot himself ; the WP page here says 'complications from dialysis.' (and references a no-longer-available article.). Someone want to figure this out? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:23, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
While this is not a BLP, it is still a WP:BIO, and as such we should be careful with including information with little verification in reliable sources for biographies. I have moved the allegations out of the lede, and named them as allegations - the information lacks wide reliable sourcing to be presented as non-controvertible fact.--Cerejota (talk) 21:07, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
- Good decision, IMO. One report comes out and the media jump all over this story for 24 hours. Then they'll forget about the guy until something sets them off in 2017. We can wait to review the evidence carefully. In the meantime, the more important task is filling in other factual details about the article. If we think about the readership coming here, they're going to be folks who just read the news story and want to know the background—what encyclopedic information was already available? Pace, groupuscule (talk) 05:38, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- A year and a half later, things have calmed down, so let's do it right. I don't think the weasel word "possible" is appropriate for the informant heading. There is no significant doubt that the man was an informant now. I also question the use of Fred Ho as a source. He is a musician, not an historian or journalist.Pokey5945 (talk) 00:47, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Richard Aoki. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090319021909/http://www.asianweek.com/2001_04_27/feature_richardaoki.html to http://www.asianweek.com/2001_04_27/feature_richardaoki.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130508065606/http://cironline.org/reports/fbi-files-reveal-new-details-about-informant-who-armed-black-panthers-3833 to http://cironline.org/reports/fbi-files-reveal-new-details-about-informant-who-armed-black-panthers-3833
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.