Talk:Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search


This quote, "After registration, the vet is entitled to use the letters MRCVS (Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) or FRCVS (Fellow of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) after their name," appears to be very misleading. Here is the link which explains it. If my understanding is correct, not just anyone who registers can use FRCVS. In fact, it sounds as though it's rather difficult to obtain that title. Would anyone else agree that the above sentence is actually wrong the way it is worded? MagnoliaSouth (talk) 15:12, 25 October 2008 (UTC)

I agree. to become a fellow of the college, you can either be selected by examination/thesis (a prolonged and peer-reviewed body of work followed by examination), or by conferral of an honourary fellowship (e.g. for lifetime achievement etc.). Perhaps change to show this? Jamie (vet) —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 16:49, 30 June 2009 (UTC)