Talk:Royal Institution

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Citations, references[edit]

There are far fewer than there should be, I'll rectify that a little. DominicConnor (talk) 14:49, 18 May 2012 (UTC)

Fullerian professor[edit]


I meet often the words : fullerian professor. What is fullerian ? A grad ? A name of chair ? Thank for your help. Best regards.--Valérie75 13:27, 15 May 2006 (UTC)

Professors are said to occupy chairs that are commonly named after the benifactor that provided the money to pay for the professorship. John 'Mad Jack' Fuller endowed two professorships at the Royal Institution and they are named after him. I should dig up a reference for this and add it to both the Royal Institution and John Fuller articles. Andreww 17:54, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
Look at this link. Andreww 17:56, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
Thanks !--Valérie75 11:24, 16 May 2006 (UTC)

Updating the main page[edit]

Hola, The summer 2014 newsletter from the Royal institution has a 'welcome from the chairman' letter which includes the statement: "I am delighted to let you know that at the most recent meeting of the trustees in march 2014, it was decided that the sale, or even part-sale, of our property will no longer be considered as part of any long-term plan for the charity. This decision means that the Ri's historic Albermarle Street home will continue to be the centre of our operations for the foreseeable future."

Not sure how the main page should be edited to reflect this? (talk) 12:52, 10 August 2014 (UTC)