Talk:Royal West African Frontier Force
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Royal West African Frontier Force article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject British Empire|
|WikiProject Africa / Gambia||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Question to those more knowledgeable
I'm not 100%, but I'm more or less sure than this was a regiment comprised of "natives" rather than white colonials ... But I am not sure that the article makes this distinction ... Am I correct in said assumption? V. Joe (talk) 22:29, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- Gorges (1930) made it clear that the officers were white British, serving short periods seconded from mainland British regiments, and the NCOs and ORs were local African. There were also specialist British signallers, gunners and engineers. --Wally Tharg (talk) 10:38, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
European direct entry to RWAFF
My son who has an interest in birds of West Africa has come upon some records by a Mr Anthony H Brown. He has discovered that Brown, who was working in Nigeria from 1929, enlisted into the Nigeria Regt. I think this would have been allowed in wartime but otherwise British officers were seconded to RWAFF —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:51, 14 September 2010 (UTC)
- Interesting – I'm sure you're right. The complete list of officers as of 1914 given by Gorges lists the regiments they were seconded from, but of course that was in the pre-WW1 army. --Wally Tharg (talk) 10:43, 8 August 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Royal West African Frontier Force. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20060514041003/http://www.regiments.org:80/regiments/africawest/regts/rwaff.htm to http://www.regiments.org/regiments/africawest/regts/rwaff.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.