Talk:Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum
|This article was nominated for deletion. Please review the prior discussions if you are considering re-nomination:
|WikiProject Elections and Referendums||(Rated Start-class)|
create "Timeline of Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum"
create "Timeline of Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum" or a Timeline section within this article? X1\ (talk) 23:09, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
Change name to "Foreign interference"?
After watching Brexit: The Uncivil War, the role of billionaire Robert Mercer ("Mercer played a key role in the Brexit campaign by donating data analytics services to Nigel Farage"). and Andrew Breitbart. This is not to dilute the Russian stuff, it would be a completely additional section.
The big problem with all this stuff is that it was covert and the evidence is circumstantial. I know there are people who believe that "Europe" interfered too so we will be critically dependent on reliable sources (aka "the mainstream media"). If it is in the Daily Telegraph, then it would have to be reported equally.
The article is about Russian interference. Most of the timeline should be deleted as it has nothing to do with the article subject. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:02, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
- Unlawful campaigning in the 2016 EU referendum appears to be a related addition. X1\ (talk) 20:23, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
un-discussed title change of this article: revert and discuss
@RaviC: revert the title of this article until it is discussed properly. See Wikipedia talk:Requested moves#Can an article title be changed without discussion? with comments by Crouch, Swale and Levivich. X1\ (talk) 20:59, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- If you have a look at the log for this page, this was the original title for the article. I don't see any discussion here about the move which was done before. --RaviC (talk) 21:06, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- @RaviC: there should have been discussion then too. It is your change that I saw. X1\ (talk) 21:11, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- RaviC, that's only part of the page move history. Here is the rest:
- 10 Jan 2018: Page created with title "Russian interference in the 2016 United Kingdom referendum on exiting the European Union"
- 12 Apr 2018: Page moved to "Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum"
- 8 Jan 2019: Page moved to "Alleged Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum"
- 16 Jan 2019: Page moved back to "Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum"
- 14 May 2019: Page moved again to "Alleged Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum" (by RaviC)
- That the page has stayed at "Russian interference in the 2016 Brexit referendum" for over a year, from 12 April 2018 to 14 May 2019 (except for a week in January), is consensus by WP:SILENCE for the title. I agree with X1 that you should revert the move, and if you think it should be moved, start an RM. Leviv ich 21:29, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you! Leviv ich 21:43, 17 May 2019 (UTC)