|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the SDF-1 Macross article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This page was nominated for deletion on 8 March 2009. The result of the discussion was no consensus, which defaults to keep, but does not mean keep as is. Consensus was that much work is needed across this group of articles..|
|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
I got the weapon stats from the old Palladium RPG. Using the pictures shown of the Macross in the book, I could confirm the beam cannons, but not the rest, so I left it all in a seperate part. SAMAS 13:13, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
- The first Robotech RPG from Palladium Books is no longer considered canon for Robotech, and was never canon for Macross. The picture recently added was a piece of fan art from the Robotech Art 2 book. 1-54-24 15:43, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
- Nononono. I mean the production sketches in the RPG book, which showed the Macross from different angles in both forms. SAMAS 19:14, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
While the writing of this article is fine for fans of both series, a Wikipedia article should be something anyone can read and intuitively understand. Bouncing back and forth between the two series like this is going to be confusing to the uninitiated reader the article should be aimed at (to be blunt, we've got plenty of fan pages already, this here should be for anyone). I'm going to toss into the proverbial hat the suggestion that we consider dividing the story lines and details into two seperate parts, one for each series, both can share the page obviously, but it would make this alot easier for casual readers to understand. This article as it stands essentially tries to tell both stories and facts from both simultaneously, when in fact they both could almost deserve their own pages. Again if you've seen both it all makes sense but a wikipedia article, like a real encyclopedia article, shouldn't require a reader to have enough foreknowledge they could write the article just to understand it. It also might help the page lose its B rating.
Seriously, this thing is a mess. Written in a unobjective tone, and it basically reads like plot summaries of Macross and the first third of Robotech. There's little-to-no information on the actual ship: weapons systems, dimensions, modes of transport, etc etc.
I care, but not enough to re-write it. Maybe someone else does? Use the Macross Compendium as a source, it basically tells you EVERYTHING. 220.127.116.11 06:05, 19 April 2007 (UTC)kazuo
Shocked and surprised
Offensive to mix both series
I find mixing both series together to be offensive, as a Macross fan and purist. Robotech should only be allowed its own article and not mix it into the original series.
- It actually mixes the two pretty well, and since Macross and the first half of Robotech are pretty similar minus small improvements for the later, there is no reason to separate them into different pages. Character pages, where other media branches the two franchises apart completely, are a different matter. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 01:19, 9 August 2014 (UTC)
- I don't see how "offensive" the article is to you Darkmax. And please, take your biases elsewhere. --Eaglestorm (talk) 15:58, 11 August 2014 (UTC)
Plots on fictional characters and things.
- This is very insincere of you since you make it seem like you just found out about plot templates being used on fictional characters when you have been reducing plot summaries on these articles for months. This template is not specifically meant for film articles. Aspects (talk) 05:02, 3 November 2015 (UTC)