- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Move. No clear opposition for over a month. Cúchullain t/c 13:30, 13 April 2015 (UTC)
Sa'ada and Murabtin → Saʿada and Murabtin – It's on the title blacklist. It's the correct punctuation. --Relisted. Andrewa (talk) 15:12, 8 March 2015 (UTC) Srnec (talk) 20:27, 28 February 2015 (UTC)
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's policy on article titles.
- Any additional comments:
- Relisting comment: I must ask Srnec: correct punctuation according to whom? And while the blacklist may be an indication of policy, it's not itself an authority AFAIK. RM arguments should refer to the the policy (or whatever) that caused a title to be blacklisted, not just to the blacklist itself. Andrewa (talk) 15:18, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- I can't cite anything but from my admittedly WP:OR experience, a use of a simple apostrophe I would interpret to be a short cut predominantly used when people either did not know better, couldn't be bothered or to give, perhaps, a simpler graphic presentation. GregKaye 09:49, 24 March 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.