Talk:San Beda College
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|San Beda College was a Social sciences and society good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
You see here, When Ryan Agoncillo Graduated from "San Beda Alabang" (HS), the said school still carries the name "Saint Benedict College", thus disqualifying him from being called a "BEDAN"..same goes to the other "NOTABLE" Alumni of "San Beda Alabang"
Bianca King, Ryan Agoncillo, and Valerie (see, I can't even remember her last name) SHOULD not be included in the Notable Alumni list! GOD! what is so notable about these guys? They appeared in FHM? Hosted a nonsensical show? appeared in fashion magazines? SO WHAT?!
Hey guys, can we remove Ryan Agoncillo from the damn list?! he isn't even "NOTABLE"... what's notable about this fag?
- Are we really going to remove someone who's at least had some TV exposure, and has been written about in Wikipedia, simply on the basis of one or two Wikipedia users' unqualified personal taste and his allegedly being a "trying-hard actor (sic)?" Rmcsamson 14:46, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
- Hey, he's a well-known trying-hard actor and TV host/personality. --Howard the Duck 02:54, 18 December 2006 (UTC)
I wonder, is the list accurate? Why not try to tap the 100 bedans of the century from the Alumni Association?
- You can always edit it when you see that it is inaccurate. Also some alumni were from the high school? --Howard the Duck 06:09, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Howard, one is an alumni of the school if one graduates from the school and gets a diploma...that is true whether you graduated in elementary, high school or college.....so to answer your question, yes some of the alumni in the list are graduates from the high school department....
We should therefore not include in the list those who merely studied but never graduated or never got a diploma....the Ateneo de Manila alumini list makes this error by listing Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino jr. since he never graduated from the Ateneo....Ninoy never finished college, he however graduated from San Beda High School, thus San Beda can rightfully claim that he is an alumni...
- It's like this , for example, I studied at SBC. Then I was kicked out. Then I studied and graduated at CEU. Then I'm a San Beda alumni, but my alma mater is CEU. Hey, even Erap failed to finish HS in Ateneo and FPJ at SBC yet they're listed. --Howard the Duck 14:24, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
- Individual schools choose to recognize certain people as alumni. It's that simple. This recognition is akin to the awarding of an honorary degree to someone who has absolutely no history with the school. But in the case of Ninoy Aquino, he attended the Ateneo long enough to be considered an alumnus, and is also recognized by the Ateneo as such. Rmcsamson 14:46, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
Howard the Duck is right. Alumni includes former students of a University or Colleges regardless whether the students graduated or not. This is at least according to the American heritage dictionary.
- Besides, Ninoy Aquino graduated High School at San Beda. John earlm 17:18, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
The SBCAA defines "alumni" as those who have enrolled at San Beda for at least two years, whether GS, HS or college. If we are to adopt the same requirement, any person who has established a minimum of two years residency may be considered an alumnus whether he/she graduated from SBC or not.Galinghusay 08:59, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
- I'm removing some non-notable people. Geez...never mind. Xeltran (talk) 00:41, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
Alabang and Taytay
- The Alabang and Taytay campuses are satellite campuses under one school - San Beda...all three are under one common leadership - the Rector President...
I removed the links to websites that are exclusive to certain batches only. Please place website links that cater to all students or to the whole San Beda community.John earlm 17:24, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
Don't You Think The Notable Alumni Section Is A Bit Too Much?
???188.8.131.52 09:46, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Its awfully Long, It should have its own article.184.108.40.206 04:33, 18 September 2007 (UTC)
Then create a separate article if needed... although I think it isn't necessary
- Added both Hon. Eduardo B. Peralta Jr and Hon. Ramon Paul L. Hernando to Judiciary and Legal Services Section. Citation provided — Preceding unsigned comment added by Xent28 (talk • contribs) 22:49, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Redlions sm.jpg
The image Image:Redlions sm.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
File:San Beda College Logo.png Nominated for speedy Deletion
An image used in this article, File:San Beda College Logo.png, has been nominated for speedy deletion for the following reason: All Wikipedia files with unknown copyright status
Don't panic; you should have time to contest the deletion (although please review deletion guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
Blacklisted Links Found on the Main Page
Cyberbot II has detected that page contains external links that have either been globally or locally blacklisted. Links tend to be blacklisted because they have a history of being spammed, or are highly innappropriate for Wikipedia. This, however, doesn't necessaryily mean it's spam, or not a good link. If the link is a good link, you may wish to request whitelisting by going to the request page for whitelisting. If you feel the link being caught by the blacklist is a false positive, or no longer needed on the blacklist, you may request the regex be removed or altered at the blacklist request page. If the link is blacklisted globally and you feel the above applies you may request to whitelist it using the before mentioned request page, or request it's removal, or alteration, at the request page on meta. When requesting whitelisting, be sure to supply the link to be whitelisted and wrap the link in nowiki tags. The whitelisting process can take its time so once a request has been filled out, you may set the invisible parameter on the tag to true. Please be aware that the bot will replace removed tags, and will remove misplaced tags regularly.
Below is a list of links that were found on the main page:
- Triggered by
\bco\.nr\bon the global blacklist
- Triggered by
If you would like me to provide more information on the talk page, contact User:Cyberpower678 and ask him to program me with more info.