Talk:Saudi–Yemeni War (1934)
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
i Believe that Asir and Najran have been under local Tribes conquest , not under Yemeni conquest as the article say , please post 3 Sources at least and fill the article , in case i'll report this whithin 7 days Ammar 02:13, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
Move the page?
There seems to be significant support for moving this article to a better title, but nobody really said what title they thought would be best, so I left it as it was. — CharlotteWebb 02:09, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
- I suppose 1934 Saudi-Yemeni border conflict could be a possible alternate title, but I think the current title suffices as:
- It is shorter and less jumbled.
- All English-language sources I have encountered so far name it a "war" rather than anything else.
- There is nothing it could be mistaken for. There have been multiple conflicts between Saudi Arabia and Yemen (including a series of armed clashes in 1998 that left 20-50 people dead), but none of them were significant enough to be classified as a "war". Black Falcon 02:22, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
- i agree with you , for the third reason specially. Ammar 02:29, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
Sana is not a coastal city!
Please correct the last paragraph in the article. You cannot send warships to Sana; it's not a coastal city!
- Thank you for noticing this. It has been corrected. Black Falcon 16:00, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
I have had a go at rewriting most of this, backed by citations, and put the description of the war into chronological order as much as possible. I've removed some of the unreasonable statements which were already in the article, but I've also left some of the odd POV stuff in although I could not find reference to either endorse or refute them.Eregli bob (talk) 10:15, 25 September 2012 (UTC)