|WikiProject Maine||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject National Register of Historic Places||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph of some of the park's CCC-built elements be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
Wikipedians in Maine may be able to help!
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Yes, I believe it is. Do you have a specific complaint about the article? Nationalparks 22:24, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
The section about the Winter Harbor Development is not entirely correct. The individuals who left business arrangement were architects, not members of the Italian partnership (http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/firms_quit_12_26.shtml). If the writer (or anyone) would like to expand this section at all, there is a lot of information here (http://www.friendsofacadia.org/advocacyschoodic.shtml). —Preceding unsigned comment added by Iglidante (talk • contribs) 14:01, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, I think I was trying to say that the architectural firms that withdrew were local (Maine) partners of the Italian investors. I've attempted to clarify. Feel free to add other details as desired. Baileypalblue (talk) 19:07, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
Suggested External Resource
Would a volunteer please review www.acadiamagic.com/schoodic/map.htm for consideration as an external link? This is a comprehensive resource guide for Acadia National Park as well as the surrounding communities such as Bar Harbor, Maine. The Schoodic map is an invaluable navigational tool that enables one to explore the park, the many scenic sights, and the surrounding villages simply by clicking actual map locations. The photography is often stunning as well.
Schoodic Peninsula has the only portion of Acadia National Park that is located on the mainland of Maine. It is an area that is unique, when compared to the main portion of Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island, because the surrounding area is less developed. Small Downeast fishing villages are the norm here. AcadiaMagic 05:02, 25 October 2006 (UTC)
Schoodic Peninsula Historic District
Polaron has left me a note concerning the Schoodic Peninsula Historic District. Unfortunately I can't find the historic district delineated on a map, but it apparently covers about half of the Schoodic District of Acadia National Park, itself a fraction of the entire peninsula; the historic district specifically includes the hiking trails on the southeast corner of the peninsula (, ). I think a distinct article could be written on the Schoodic Peninsula Historic District; it would likely focus on the park land and its historic details, while Schoodic Peninsula would take a broader view. My inclination would be to start a section at Schoodic Peninsula and split it out when warranted per WP:SUMMARYSTYLE; this would give some historical context to the parent article in the meantime. These details could be added to Acadia National Park, but that article is currently very minimalist and would quickly be overbalanced.
For now, I wouldn't object to a redirect from Schoodic Peninsula Historic District to Schoodic Peninsula, if others desire it; a redirect to a section of Acadia National Park discussing the Schoodic District would probably be better, but we don't have one. Baileypalblue (talk) 18:33, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- If the coverages are significantly different, we should have separate articles. I do agree that until more information is available, a section here would be best. My initial research seems to indicate that the southern end of the peninsula and a significant portion of the western coast is where the historic district is defined. I'll report back if I find something more definitive. --Polaron | Talk 18:57, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- I have found some possibly useful information here. --Polaron | Talk 18:05, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on Schoodic Peninsula. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110726065926/http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/developer_interest_3_27.shtml to http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/developer_interest_3_27.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110726070056/http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/planners_review_4_16.shtml to http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/planners_review_4_16.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110726070006/http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/ecoresort_issue_4_3.shtml to http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/ecoresort_issue_4_3.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110726070030/http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/plans_aired_5_13.shtml to http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/plans_aired_5_13.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090211163111/http://bangornews.com/detail/96129.html to http://bangornews.com/detail/96129.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110726070111/http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/stir_controversy_5_1.shtml to http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/stir_controversy_5_1.shtml
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110111024423/http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/firms_quit_12_26.shtml to http://www.friendsofacadia.org/news/firms_quit_12_26.shtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.