|WikiProject Alaska||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Wondering how to edit this U.S. City Entry?
The WikiProject U.S. Cities standards might help.
Removal of text
I removed the following text as it is more appropriated for the state of Alaska as a whole, not for the community of Seward:
- for $7,200,000 on March 30, 1867. This translated into approximately 2.5 cents per acre ($6.18/km²) for 586,400 square miles (1,519,000 km²) of territory, three times the size of Texas. The purchase of this frontier land ("Seward's Icebox") was mocked as "Seward's Folly" and Andrew Johnson's "polar bear garden"
Epolk 19:40, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
Location Map Quality
Sorry I'm no expert on Wikipedia, but I noticed that the german wikipedia page [] uses a much nicer location map than the english version. Is there a good reason for this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:30, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
While I'm looking at this page, does anyone know what is meant by the sentence "Seward is the seventh most lucrative fisheries port in the United States per value."? Pfly (talk) 04:40, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
I've done a bit of looking around and I believe that "per value" mean based on the value of the fish being taken from the port rather than the weight. I found this same sentence copied and pasted on a few other sites and none of them list any credible source or further explanation so i assume that it was taken from this article. I did find a couple of more recent reports on NOAA's web site. The most recent gives the national numbers for 2009 and 2010. In this report Seward is shown to be the port bringing in the ninth most amount of money, $69.2 million, up from $33.1 million in 2009. here is a link to the report: http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/mediacenter/docs/2011/sep/fus_sept2011.pdf
I think I'll go a head and edit this section of the article with the current information as well as less confusing wordage. Please let me know if anyone finds further information on the subject. Crininger (talk) 23:23, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Seward, Alaska. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20160602200744/http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2015/SUB-EST2015.html to http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2015/SUB-EST2015.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101116004459/http://www.alaska.edu/opa/eInfo/index.xml?StoryID=186 to http://www.alaska.edu/opa/eInfo/index.xml?StoryID=186
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.