|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
At present this article reads too much like a hagiography. I'm going through the article and trying to wikify it, but it would be really nice if other editors more familiar with the subject could contribute some more critical and balanced information.-Tadakuni 17:37, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- Alright, I've gone through and wikified the article. At present, because of the number of resources, interesting photos, further reading, and number of section headings, I think the article deserves a B rating. However, I'd like to reiterate my request that other people look this article over and contribute to cleaning it up. Thanks. -Tadakuni 18:45, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
- There is lacking historiography in the article. The views are one-sided, and also paint a somewhat inaccurate picture of Nariakira, especially with regard to the impact of his death, and his relationship with his half-brother. The article seems to imply that Hisamitsu was, as his supporters were, an enemy of Nariakira, while he in fact carried out Nariakira's "last wish" when the latter failed to complete his plans for reforms before Naosuke's purge (Ansei Purge). Some historians, at least, seem to suggest that the completing of Nariakira's dream was at least part of Hisamitsu's actions. There may well be a debate on this, but this article does not raise this debate, and merely paint a picture that favors the other side. -RoSeeker 13:45, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
illegal Satsuma-Ryūkyū-Western trade relations
As it stands, this seems like it comes falling out of the blue sky.
You should mention it first, when it started, or at the beginning of the text if it was already ongoing, so you can refer to it when you need it.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Shimazu Nariakira. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20031212051902/http://photojpn.org/notes/node.php?id=29 to http://www.photojpn.org/notes/node.php?id=29
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.