- I just removed this from the "3rd Party Support" section, as it's completely PoV and just rude. Getting a *real* link for this instead of a little rant would be nice. If anyone thinks there's a good reason for this to be here, feel free to speak up.
- Forum support provided by one of the most elitist, unreasonable groups of users of any form of technology!
--Overand 8 July 2005 22:25 (UTC)
- (S)he's back again. Removed this again, made a suggestion on the (ANON) user's talk page to try to form this into a constructive complaint, maybe make a 'pros and cons' section on the article.
- Annoying, arrogant usergroup that will not help with or admit to common camera problems.
--Overand 22:55, 9 July 2005 (UTC)
some of the pros and cons could be said to be opinion..i.e. noise levels..you should post a link to sources?
(good idea, i'll try to do so.)
- Digital Photography Review's coverage of the noise issue can be found here. From what I remember, the SD10's biggest problem was context; it was more expensive than a number of competing cameras, most of which were more flexible, some of which had higher resolution. Its sensor was undeniably clever but, by the time the SD10 came out, competing Bayer-type sensors had surpassed it with sheer pixel count, a state of affairs that Sigma has not subsequently been able to rectify. -Ashley Pomeroy (talk) 12:53, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
personal experience with the Forum
- Concerning the Sigma forum: it is true that users (even people who own the camera )with opposing views on the technology, are called nasty names (in violation of forum rules), and are eventually removed from the forum -- because a small but vocal group of users, ("elitist" would be putting it kindly) -- organize purges against opposing views.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
- Forums can be nasty places; and that's more than we need to know. Let's keep it encyclopedic. Dicklyon 06:53, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
Sigma Photo pro 6.4.1
Sigma Photo Pro
Postprozessing of RAW X3F and JPEG of all digital SIGMA cameras