|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Actors and Filmmakers||(Rated C-class)|
|WikiProject India / Tamil Nadu||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
- 1 A Multi talented Actor from Tamil Cinema
- 2 Simbu editing this page?
- 3 Image copyright problem with Image:Kaalai-stills-59.jpg
- 4 Edit request
- 5 Contraditions in the list of the films
- 6 Birth year
- 7 Edit request on 20 December 2011
- 8 Edit request on 4 February 2012
- 9 First film
- 10 Edit request on 5 April 2012
- 11 proposed move
- 12 What is his name?
A Multi talented Actor from Tamil Cinema
Silambarasan Simbu aka STR is a multi talented person. He is the Elder son of Actor/Director T.R.Rajendhar. He is an Actor,Director,Producer,Dialogue writer, Story-Script writer, and also a Lyricist. He was a co-music director for Monisha en monolisa and he is also a playback singer.
After the Huge success of Manmathan , In mid-2005 at the age of 21, he became the youngest director ever in Tamil Cinema to direct his directorial debut, Vallavan. In 2010, his movie Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya directed my Director Gautham Menon was a Huge hit and he was also appreciated by many cinema critics for his best performance. followed by VinnaiThaandi varuvaaya his Vaanam which was a multi-starrer movie also bagged him good names and was an extra feather to his Crown. His Recent Diwali 2012 release Podaa Podi which was a Musical Romantic Comedy directed by debut Director Vignesh Shivan given him a Hatrick Super Hit movies. on 2011 December he announced his first International Album "Love Anthem for world Peace" and also released a teaser of the same later. the Love Anthem Album making is in Process now with Akon featuring for a song.
I'm trying to improve this article , Full Article will be available soon.
--Aravindselva 13:22, 15 June 2013
Simbu editing this page?
It seems to me that Simbu is editing his own page. Reference to Nayanthara is quite often been removed. --Rrjanbiah 08:04, 15 September 2007 (UTC)
The Fact is that www.simbucentral.com the mods from there used to remove all the contents with nayan as u guys know , Silambarasan does not want nayan to be a part of his life. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:12, 19 July 2008 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Kaalai-stills-59.jpg
The image Image:Kaalai-stills-59.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Please provide what you want to be changed.21:23, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
- The page isn't currently protected. If you want to have the page protected, go to WP:RFPP and follow the instructions. Celestra (talk) 21:27, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
Contraditions in the list of the films
- There are no longer any hit/flop tags in the table, per WP:FILM that they are hopelessly WP:OR. DMacks (talk) 22:28, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
As per this edit, we now have a previous source supporting 1983 and a newer one supporting 1985. Neither looks decidedly more reliable than the other. WP:BLP demands verifiable personal information and it's not clear we have that (actually neither source looks great, so I might say it is clear we do not have it). Therefore I've removed the year. Both sources agree on the month and day, so I left that information. DMacks (talk) 16:20, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- I've again reverted back to the 8 March content by the above IP, since that sounds like a real (WP:RS) source rather than dueling facebook sites (fan/tribute-sites are not reliable). DMacks (talk) 19:57, 11 August 2011 (UTC)
According to IMDb, his birth year is 1983, hence it should be changed here as well. One of his movie came is 1987, in which he is very matured, looks like a 4 year kid. Hence, 1983 seems to be authentic. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Emaillenin (talk • contribs) 17:37, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
Arun Prasath 18:13, 16 February 2012 (UTC)Birth year conflict between header info and information pane
From Indiaglitz article:
Happy Birthday STR IndiaGlitz [Thursday, February 03, 2011]
He is a man of many talents. Silambarasan aka STR, one real multi faceted artiste of Kollywood is celebrating his 27th birthday today and IndiaGlitz wishes him all the very best for great years ahead. His new year is going to be one his best as all the films lined up this year are eagerly awaited ones.
Hindu article dated March 5, 2011
His career is almost as old as he is. Simbu dwells on his 25 years in cinema. Malathi Rangarajan listens in
Twenty-five films in as many years and he’s just 26! Remarkable achievement or plain luck? “After a point it is sheer hard work,” laughs Simbu ...
Clearly it's 1985... on March 5, 2011 he was 26 years old..on February 3, 2011 he was celebrating his 27 th birthday (was turning 26 years old) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 03:16, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
It's hopeless at this time
For over two years more, this has still been edit-warred and there is still not agreement among sources or an authoritative one provided. Therefore, per WP:BLP policy, I have removed the year. DO NOT RE-ADD IT without getting consensus here. DMacks (talk) 05:00, 23 July 2013 (UTC)
Edit request on 20 December 2011
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
maaran film released in 2002 queen marries queen marries song was sang by STR
- Sorry? - Please be a bit clearer, and don't forget a WP:Reliable source - Youreallycan (talk) 15:26, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
Edit request on 4 February 2012
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
Simlambarasan Rajendar Date of Birth is not different in all places of your page Please chage it!!!!
Edit request on 5 April 2012
- I think Simbu is his nick name. In his films he is credited as Silambarasan right?-- 08:34, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- In that case, simply Silambarasan would do. it is sometimes disgusting when unofficial and informal nicknames become the actor's official names, to the extent that they are credited the same in films. Simbu is among the worst cases as his real name is not as common. Kailash29792 (talk) 09:57, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose per Wikipedia:Naming conventions (people). Would need strong evidence of universal and sole use of something other than "first last". DMacks (talk) 15:29, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
What is his name?
For a long time now, there has been edit-warring over the order of his name: "Thesingu Rajendar Silambarasan" vs "Silambarasan Thesingu Rajendar". What is his actual birth name? DMacks (talk) 16:37, 27 October 2013 (UTC)