|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to .If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated B-class)|
|WikiProject Australia / Music||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of this article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include conflict of interest, autobiography, and neutral point of view.
- 1 Simon Hussey recent material & photo. September 2016
- 2 Photo again, April 2017
- 3 multi-instrumentalist,
- 4 Revert recent, September 2017
- 5 May 2018 revert
- 6 Can someone help me? Fix or delete article about me?
- 7 Removal of conflicts of interest?
- 8 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shaidar_cuebiyar v Simon Hussey:conflict of interest
- 9 Redactions
- 10 RE User:Hussey Simon
- 11 Removal of CoI template from main article
Simon Hussey recent material & photo. September 2016
- I've add two citation needed templates to the article at your recent edits there. Could you please provide reliable sources for direct quotes and for contentious material. Specifically: Hussey's reasons for premature retirement including the claimed disillusionment with music industry figures and the conflict with a manager are biographical details that require such sources.
- I've reverted the swap in infobox photo, the earlier one shows the artist better rather than the piano.
Photo again, April 2017
- The current infobox photo shows a man smiling at the camera, in the background on a wall are three record certifications: one, at least, is an album for which Simon Hussey was the record producer (as well as multi-instrumental musician and co-songwriter) and won an ARIA Award for his production. The photo was uploaded to wp by User:Shlistenwiki, originally, on 13 March 2016. It has been changed or deleted and reinstated subsequently a number of times. Most recently it was deleted by User:Facetsof, for a second time in April 2017, with an edit summary: deletion of photo. Not authentic image of Simon Hussey. I've reverted this with an edit summary referencing the authentication being in the photo itself with that record certification.
- I request that this photo not be removed nor further changed unless a better photo is supplied such that this one can be moved to the body of the text.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 22:35, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
- Why was Musician removed from infobox? Why was multi-instrumentalist removed from Lead? see here. Multi-instrumentalist removed again.
- The subject of this article is a musician and his instrumentation is given as keyboards, backing vocals, drum machine and guitar; which makes him a multi-instrumentalist. His activities are listed chronologically, he became well known for his production & engineering work but this occurred later in his career per reliable sources in the article. Please leave Musician and multi-instrumentalist in the article.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 08:23, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
Revert recent, September 2017
- Could you explain why you believe your changes improve this article? I dispute these changes (some have been mentioned above) and have reverted them.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 07:55, 8 September 2017 (UTC)
- I removed the newly added, Career Demise, section: it requires reliable source(s) for any contentious claims. Those claims contravene WP:BLP policy, which includes protecting people's reputations even if they are not the subject of the article in question. None of the claims in the removed section are verifiable and according to this policy: "Remove immediately any contentious material about a living person that is unsourced or poorly sourced."
- Please provide reliable and independent sources before returning any contentious material.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 02:36, 12 September 2017 (UTC)
May 2018 revert
On 10 May 2018 @Facetsof: added a sentence fragment to lead-in sentence of Lead, "most notable for his production and arrangement of the iconic Australian hit The Horses by Daryl Braithwaite" with the edit summary, Addition of Hussey’s most celebrated work. I reverted this edit with my own summary, "Horses" is already mentioned in the Lead; the added material was not neutral in tone;. According to Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Lead section, the Lead "should be written in a clear, accessible style with a neutral point of view." I ask the user to discuss this, and other issues, here before returning this material.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 04:59, 10 May 2018 (UTC)05:01, 10 May 2018 (UTC)
Conflict of Interest
User:facetsof should also understand that other editors have the right to adjust this article as long as they follow appropriate guidelines/policies. One guideline, WP:LEAD, tells us that "[it] serves as an introduction to the article and a summary of its most important contents. It is not a news-style lead."
Specifically: a single by another artist is not the only work the subject is notable for and placing it in the very first sentence gives this fact undue weight and prominence. It is already mentioned later in the Lead, as it should be, together with other works by the subject of the article.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 03:11, 28 May 2018 (UTC)
August 2018 disruptions
- The CoI template should be kept until a consensus is reached by impartial editors (not by you nor @Shlistenwiki:, nor other disruptive editors). The article's tone may not be neutral due to those edits. You claim that you will no longer edit this article with your edit summary, Resolved issue as contributor has no further involvement with subject and will not be making any more contributions to this page (see here). However, this does not mean that the article retains no conflict of interest problems from the time when you did actively edit it. Other editors need to be warned that there may be such issues left in.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 06:50, 4 August 2018 (UTC)
Once again, @Facetsof:you have disrupted the article by deleting infobox content including the image. This is despite claiming (see above) not to edit here again and that there were no longer any CoI problems with you. Note that similar disruptions have occurred recently by unidentified accounts: @188.8.131.52: and @184.108.40.206: and each was reverted by two other editors. I ask Facetsof, and any other CoI editor, to stop disrupting this article. Try to reach consensus on this talk page before making any of your proposed edits.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 04:30, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
Once again, @Facetsof:you have disrupted the article by deleting infobox content including the image. Note that the same disruption has occurred recently by unidentified account: @220.127.116.11:you have deleted the same material as above and disrupted this article.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 08:08, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- Shaidar cuebiyar, this may or may not be related: Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons/Noticeboard#Simon_Hussey. Gråbergs Gråa Sång (talk) 18:36, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
Can someone help me? Fix or delete article about me?
Hello dear contributors.
My name is Simon Hussey.
I am humbly a topic of a wikipedia page _ Simon Hussey Australian musician.
The page constructed about me(not by me)has some warning aboutits validity.
I don't understand why this is in place on the page.
Could someone please help me, either by deleting the warning on the page or deleting the entire article. Real life is far more important at my age than online information.
Thanking you so much,
Removal of conflicts of interest?
With regard to Simon Hussey Aricle, (Redacted) perhaps the edits that are of contention could all be removed?
She mentioned a shaidar cuebiyar? seemed to be the lead investigator/instigator in the warning on the page. Perhaps he has all the say in what happens? I have know idea but there must be some solution.
I don't understand wikipedia, but she has helped me to try and resolve this issue (Redacted).
Thank you to all the people that have been of kind assistance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shaidar_cuebiyar v Simon Hussey:conflict of interest
Could there an issue with the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shaidar_cuebiyar and Simon Hussey?
Who is allowed to provide citations may I ask, all can be provided, but I am living person whom is the subject of the article.
As there should always be good and fair governance with regards to ensure factual reporting in all wikipedia articles, I see a grey area on articles of living persons in as much as that living person is affected by the status of the said article.
I understand fully the need for enforcing any conflict of interest but how does the 'page issue' alert get resolved in this case as it seems by reading the 'talk' history that it could be interpreted to be manifest?
I thank you for reading this enquiry.
I humbly and without knowledge of the protocol would suggest deletion of the article entirely.
I would be interested to hear if anyone has any thoughts on this matter.
@Hussey Simon: Thanks for your posts on this page. As a regular editor I'll come back to the discussion with a longer response shortly, but as an oversighter I've removed some personal info from your posts. Wikipedia has a strong presumption of privacy regaridng the personal information of living people (see this policy for details), and as we can't directy verify your identity through your post shere, it's better we don't include these parts of the messages. I've aso removed the email address - if you would like editors to contact you via email you can enable an email linekd to your account, via the Preferences tab.
The removed text doesn't alter your point about the presence of a COI tag in the article, I'm just flagging why these changes were made. The removal can be undone by any other oversighter, if there's a consensus they are unnecessary. -- Euryalus (talk) 01:09, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
Hi Simon. User:shaidar cuebiyar found the article to be written with conflicts of interest. They claim that User:Facetsof has a real life connection with Simon Hussey. Are you aware of any connection you have with either of these users? Now that both of those users are notified of this discussion, hopefully they will clarify further. Wikipedia operates based on a consensus of editors, so it's not up to one person to make editorial decisions. Anybody can provide citations to the article, and this is definitely encouraged. As for deleting the article, if Simon Hussey is a notable person and there are sufficient sources to create an encyclopaedic article about the person, it is very unlikely to be deleted. Is there anything inaccurate on the article? In particular the portrait at the top of the article. Other than potential inaccuracies, what is the problem(s) you have with the article? Feel free to ask any more questions. Onetwothreeip (talk) 04:04, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
Removal of CoI template from main article
The conversations above and at Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons/Noticeboard#Simon Hussey are attempting to provide a solution for @Hussey Simon: regarding the impact of the article's conflict of interest template.
@Onetwothreeip: there are some misconceptions above, which I would like to address. Both @Facetsof: and @Shlistenwiki: have themselves claimed to have real life connections to Simon Hussey during their editing history: I did not make any claim that they did have any such connections but I provided evidence that they made those claims. Hence their edits to this article may be a conflict of interest. I added the template to the article in May this year (see above) to alert other editors of problems with those (and other) editors. Any conflicts of issue are not the responsibility of Simon Hussey, himself.
@Hussey Simon: the template can be removed by a consensus of interested editors – no one needs permission from me or any other single person. However, I don't think that disruptive editors, such as Facetsof or Shlistenwiki, should be able to remove the template or remove/disrupt verified content (which they have done repeatedly). Furthermore they should not add unverified contentious or poorly written content.
According to the article's history, here: Facetsof's first edit was in November 2016 (and their last one was in August this year), whereas Shlistenwiki's last edit was in September 2016. There have also been disruptive edits by unidentified users, which made similar changes to those two users.
I have helped to show that the subject of the article, Simon Hussey, is notable. I believe that this article should not be removed/deleted. Content, which is erroneous, out-dated or poorly written, should be fixed in an appropriate manner. I am willing to assist in making such corrections.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 23:07, 21 November 2018 (UTC)09:00, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- I'll second all of that, just adding that this shows that Shlistenwiki wrote a nontrivial percentage of the article in its current state. -- Hoary (talk) 08:47, 24 November 2018 (UTC)
Considering the good recent work, I will remove the CoI template from the article's heading but advise that the listing of CoI editors on this talkpage should remain.shaidar cuebiyar (talk) 02:49, 12 December 2018 (UTC)