|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 180d days may be archived by.|
The former drummer Lori Peters doent appear to meet WP:MUSIC apart from the band. She also appears to have zero independent coverage, and has not done any serious solo work or work with another notable band. So I think it would be apropriate to merge anything useful to this article, then redirect the article. --Kraftlos (Talk | Contrib) 01:50, 24 July 2009 (UTC
She was with the band for 6ish years and was very notable during her career with the band I think it would be a bit to hasty to merge her article for a while anyway. Especially now with a new Skillet album coming out she may make a statement about it in the media, or even make an announcement about a new project or something. I don't recall the specifics but Panhead.com had an artical up about how she was doing a while back, maybe you could look into that. 9:23, 24th August (NZT)
sourced styles and genres
This is the version up to today:
- The band's style has been described as rock, Christian rock, Christian metal, alternative rock, hard rock, nu metal, and symphonic metal. The band's eponymous debut album characterized by its grunge influences, while their follow-up album, Hey You, I Love Your Soul was noted for "its electronic elements and industrial feel."
This is the proposed change: The band's style has been described as Christian rock, Christian metal, alternative rock, hard rock, nu metal, and symphonic metal. The band's eponymous debut album characterized by its grunge influences, while their follow-up album, Hey You, I Love Your Soul was noted for "its electronic elements and industrial feel."
The problem I have with the change is that it removes genres listed in the infobox. I don't believe either set of sources are better. Walter Görlitz (talk) 19:20, 13 February 2016 (UTC) @Synthwave.94: I'm OK with you removing your edit warring notice, but be warned, you're at WP:3RR and you have not discussed changes. Walter Görlitz (talk) 19:21, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
- "Rock" alone is not listed in the infobox (and is badly sourced) while "Christian rock" is correctly sourced (AllMusic: "Memphis Christian rockers" / "Alternative CCM rockers"). MOVE Magazine supports nu metal/Christian metal ("Tennessee nu-metal quartet" then "their usual positive Christian undertones" and "Christian themes") and symphonic metal ("They have evolved into a symphonic metal hybrid sound on this release") Billboard supports Christian rock, alternative rock and hard rock with "Christian alternative/hard rock band". Finally HitFix mentions "Christian hard rock". Other sources didn't support these genres for the band. Synthwave.94 (talk) 19:35, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
- Additional sales figures would be helpful.
- The timeline is not nice. With the lack of changes, it's not really needed. Prose are better in this case. If you want the graphic changed, you'll have to talk to the creators of the timeline template not us. Walter Görlitz (talk) 06:32, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Skillet (band). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110716081339/http://www.skillet.com/blog/6a0164-skillet-awake-and-remixed-ep-album-art/ to http://www.skillet.com/blog/6a0164-skillet-awake-and-remixed-ep-album-art/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110809053953/http://www.skillet.com/blog/58a412-skillet-scores-first-billboard-music-award-and-lands-coveted-spot-on-transformers-3-soundtrack/ to http://www.skillet.com/blog/58a412-skillet-scores-first-billboard-music-award-and-lands-coveted-spot-on-transformers-3-soundtrack/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131016131406/http://www.doveawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DoveAwardNominees.FINAL_.8-1.pdf to http://www.doveawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/DoveAwardNominees.FINAL_.8-1.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120314075539/http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1165921 to http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1165921
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110720145416/http://www.parachutemusic.com/festival/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124&Itemid=8 to http://www.parachutemusic.com/festival/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124&Itemid=8
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130708131416/http://carnivalofmadness.com:80/blog/2013/06/carnival-of-madness-2013-dates to http://carnivalofmadness.com/blog/2013/06/carnival-of-madness-2013-dates
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.