Talk:Sleepless (The X-Files)/GA1
- Is it reasonably well written?
- A. Prose quality:
- B. MoS compliance:
- Is it factually accurate and verifiable?
- A. References to sources:
- B. Citation of reliable sources where necessary:
- C. No original research:
- Is it broad in its coverage?
- A. Major aspects:
- B. Focused:
- Is it neutral?
- Fair representation without bias:
- Is it stable?
- No edit wars, etc:
- Does it contain images to illustrate the topic?
- Pass or Fail:
- Second Paragraph "The episode centers around Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and his his new partner Krycek" Done
- Second Paragraph "syndication ratings" is red-linked Done
- Second Paragraph "Although the episode earned a decent" earned a Decent? more Neutral wording is needed. Done
- Third Paragraph could do with a rewrite, not good language for an encyclopaedic article. Maybe move the insomnia reference to the first paragraph. Done
DoneGrissom and Girardi are both Dr.'s and should always be referred to as such throughout. First Paragraph could really do with a rewrite, but in order:
- DoneFirst sentence "includes Grissom's 911 call." Who's Grissom, do we know him from previous episodes?
- The introductory sentences discussing Grissom's death were deleted at some point during the article's history. These have been restored by me, which should hopefully address this item. Quiddity99 (talk) 03:48, 27 November 2009 (UTC)Quiddity99
- DoneFourth sentence "Mulder heads to the Grissom Sleep Disorder Center" Is the building really named after the character, or does Grissom work there? or is he a patient?
- Grissom was the founder. Yes, it was named after him. Don't see an edit as necessary for this one, let me know if you disagree. Quiddity99 (talk) 03:48, 27 November ::: Done Sanguis Sanies (talk) 06:42, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
- DoneFifth sentence "Quantico" should probably be wikilinked for all the people who might not be familiar about American law enforcement.
- DoneFifth sentence "no signs of a fire, but his body believed it was burning." seriously needs a rewrite, "his body believed" but the victim didn't believe? as he was supposedly burning.
- That is literally how Scully describes it in the episode. I have made a slight revision to the text which should hopefully clarify that the statement was Scully's theory, and not literal. Quiddity99 (talk) 03:56, 27 November 2009 (UTC)Quiddity99
- DoneFourth Paragraph "Mulder sees Cole there who shoots Girardi, but it is actually all in his head" Who shot who? whose head was it all in?
- It was in Mulder's head. I have slightly revised the language to add this clarification. Quiddity99 (talk) 03:56, 27 November 2009 (UTC)Quiddity99
- DoneFourth Paragraph "about to show him a similar fate as the others." what others? the experimenters? the experimentees? the FBI agents?
- DoneFourth Paragraph "find Girardi there wounded" Find Girardi wounded.
- DoneFirst Paragraph "based on insomnia he was suffering at the time" needs a CITE.
- But it is cited?
- Done First Paragraph "penned down" I very much doubt that the actually hand wrote the script, written or wrote should be used.
- Done First Paragraph "sleep is where demons is released in our dreams." is a direct quote and needs a CITE.
- But it is cited?
- DoneSecond Paragraph "being that he" rewrite please.
- Done Second Paragraph "Gender Bender" is incorrectly linked
- Done Second Paragraph ""was a [...] strong choice for a fresh-out-of-Quantico FBI agent" is a direct quote and needs a CITE.
- But it is cited?
DoneThe first sentence and the fifth sentence both need CITEs.
- But they are? --TIAYN (talk) 20:10, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
Apart from those mentioned above the article is well referenced. However there are four minor faults;
Done first, the "language=" parameter only needs to be used if the book is not written in English, this is the English Wikipedia, it's assumed all CITEs are in English.
Done Second, the Critical Myth cite has the title is "quotation marks" which aren't needed as they are automatically added.
Done Third, the use of the "author=" parameter is inconsistent, some feature the <surname> <comma> <space> <first name> whilst other have <surname> <comma> <first name>. <comma> <space> is much more readable, though personally I use the parameters "first1= |last1=".
Done Fourth ref three, six and seven are identical to ref one and should be included in that.