Talk:Slingshot (water vapor distillation system)
|A fact from Slingshot (water vapor distillation system) appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 21 October 2009 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know||
- You are correct. The initial user should have put in a request for article rather than creating it in the form of a request. What was done is done. Instead we'll just work on it and turn it into a decent stub. --ShakataGaNai Talk 23:35, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
The ancient weapon was a sling, not a slingshot. There is a substantial enough difference in the technology and capabilities to merit a note of this (but I do not know Wikipedia's stylistic guides for correcting erroneous quotations.) 126.96.36.199 (talk) 01:23, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
- I came to the talk page confused about the exact same issue. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 14:07, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
- Both. The Slingshot is two devices used in tandem. One part is a generator that uses cow dung to provide power. This generator then powers the other part, which is the water purifier. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:42, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
Whatever happened with this?
- Go for it. Steve Lux, Jr. (talk) 15:17, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
- Most recent news articles are about the documentary movie about the thing.. I'm not finding anything about deployment or volume production. The site for the product itself is dated 2009.[www.dekaresearch.com/water.shtml] This is a common problem on Wikipedia - big announcement with press coverage, years later product doesn't ship, and we can't find reliable sources for it not shipping because nobody is covering the non-event. John Nagle (talk) 18:41, 12 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Slingshot (water vapor distillation system). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090203193028/http://www.rdmag.com/ShowPR.aspx?PUBCODE=014&ACCT=1400000100&ISSUE=0608&RELTYPE=PR&ORIGRELTYPE=CVS&PRODCODE=00000000&PRODLETT=BB&CommonCount=0 to http://www.rdmag.com/ShowPR.aspx?PUBCODE=014&ACCT=1400000100&ISSUE=0608&RELTYPE=PR&ORIGRELTYPE=CVS&PRODCODE=00000000&PRODLETT=BB&CommonCount=0
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.