Talk:Snohomish County, Washington
|WikiProject United States / Counties / Washington / Seattle||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
How to edit?
Fair use rationale for File:Snohomish Logo.PNG
File:Snohomish Logo.PNG is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
We have a few missing sections according to the WikiProject U.S. Counties guidelines. Here are the sections missing:
- Origin of the county's name
- Circumstances of the county's establishment
- Major historical events that occurred in county
- County Executive-- current, previous executives
- representative body?
- Economy — ComputerGuy890100 02:05, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Response:Will add sections and attempt to fill quickly -- Guroadrunner (talk) 17:17, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
they live in long houses. "Teachisahoeobabyjfjfhgjfhgh" snohomish in the woouli's language. they live in snohomish county. "Icopyandpastethisdodlpofi" snohomish indians in golpiy"s language —Preceding unsigned comment added by DrumTiger (talk • contribs) 05:33, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Doesn't seem accurate, to say the least ;-) . I've added some history, but it is City of Snohomish-centric because that's the sources I found. -- Guroadrunner (talk) 21:54, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
Category:Prostitution in the United States
I saw this category at the bottom and initially thought it was vandalism, but then I noticed that Wikipedia has an article about bikini baristas, which I assume whoever added the category was getting at. I'm not going to challenge placing this article in this category, but it seems strange to me to have the category there but not mention anything about it anywhere in the article. I would add something, but it seems best to check with others first.220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:10, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- I removed it. Besides the fact that the article makes no mention of it, it is silly to categorize a county just because a specific industry/service is there: I would no more categorize the county with prostitution than I would categorize it with "aviation in the United States" despite the fact that a large Boeing factory is within the county. Ian.ruotsala (talk) 21:59, 2 September 2012 (UTC)