|WikiProject Computing / Software / CompSci||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
the Amazon page lists the first author of "Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture" as Frank Buschmann (note spelling): should this be changed? --AlastairIrvine 17:04, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
Can we change the secend references: ""Architectural Patterns: Definition". AAHN INFOTECH (INDIA) PVT. LTD. Retrieved 2012-05-16. "Even though an architectural pattern conveys an image of a system, it is not an architecture as such. An architectural pattern is rather a concept that solves and delineates some essential cohesive elements of a software architecture. Countless different architectures may implement the same pattern and thereby share the related characteristics. Furthermore, patterns are often defined as something "strictly described and commonly available"."" to http://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/togaf8-doc/arch/chap28.html ? The first source doesn´t exist any more --Kaimu17 (talk) 12:08, 25 November 2014 (UTC)
Does this count as an architectural pattern? --RichardVeryard 08:36, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think it can count as such, but it needs a definition with respect to computer programming with some extant examples of the implementation. Maybe some network engineers could provide that? If someone wanted to create a disambiguation of the page for such an article, it would probably pass muster as this surely must have been an approach to some network handling software (as well as other places) in the past, and perhaps still in the present. --Daydreamer302000 (talk) 09:43, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Article is missing architecture patterns
Currently lacks Hierarchical model–view–controller (HMVC), Model–view–controller (MVC), Presentation-abstraction-control (PAC) and more — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:39, 12 April 2013 (UTC)
5 layer architecture pattern
Architecture patterns list
- Agreed. In fact, it looks like one of the images was deleted or something was wrong with it. Since nobody has objected to your suggestion after a month, I went ahead and replaced the images with a table. Archknight (talk) 17:39, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Categories of architectural patterns
The German Wikipedia enlists four categories of architectural patterns. Adaptive systems, distributed systems, interactive systems, and mud-to-structure. Is it appropriate to add this information also to the English article, where a different categorisation has already been made? Sae1962 (talk) 08:02, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
"An architectural pattern is a concept that solves and delineates some essential cohesive elements of a software architecture." - Now, this came straight out of the Internet Bullshit Generator, didn't it? 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:32, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Architectural pattern. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110922035257/http://jses.seat.org.tw/index.php/jses/article/viewFile/41/30 to http://jses.seat.org.tw/index.php/jses/article/viewFile/41/30
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120623081009/http://aahninfotech.com/arct_pattern.html to http://aahninfotech.com/arct_pattern.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.