Talk:Soil Moisture Active Passive
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I noted this page has a "reliance on primary sources" banner. I'd like to throw out the suggestion that it may not be necessary.
- Currently, there are three distinct types of sources for this article: a news article, academic papers, and NASA websites.
- The news article and the academic papers (assuming peer reviewed) aren't primary sources, so,
- Do we really consider NASA websites to be primary sources? I would imagine the website's editors are NASA Public Relations, as opposed to persons directly involved in mission/spacecraft development.
- Hearing no opinions on the matter almost a week later, I'm going to go ahead and remove the banner. Cheers! Skyraider1 (talk) 00:53, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
Requested move 4 March 2015
Radar payload troubleshooting
Reports are starting to emerge of troubles with the radar payload:
- Done. You guys are right. I don't know how I missed it before. Cheers, BatteryIncluded (talk) 04:11, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- Perhaps it can be useful to make a section on the two scientific instruments? The radiometer seems to be working, but I collects "coarser measurements of soil moisture." BatteryIncluded (talk) 04:17, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
This article really needs a rewrite, from the top down, now that the active sensor (the radar) has failed. Resolution is down from 3m to 40m, and it can't do the job it was designed to do, which involved using both sensors in tandem to vastly improve resolution. NASA seems to be trying to minimize the problem and is looking to supplement the passive sensor with radar data from a European satellite, but the system only works if the measurements are taken very close in time. See http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/03/us-space-nasa-satellite-idUSKCN0R32D120150903 and http://spacenews.com/nasa-focused-on-sentinel-as-replacement-for-smap-radar/ Sprucegrouse (talk) 21:37, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Soil Moisture Active Passive. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090413025054/https://microwave-workshop.jpl.nasa.gov/files/2-8%20S.%20Belair.pdf to http://microwave-workshop.jpl.nasa.gov/files/2-8%20S.%20Belair.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.