Talk:Soke of Peterborough
|Soke of Peterborough was a good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|WikiProject East Anglia||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject England||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Where is Peterborough?
This Cambridgeshire article? Won't that annoy those who think Peterborough should really be in Northants? PaulHammond 11:16, 13 November 2005 (UTC)
- It does! :) There was a discussion a while back about geo stubs and at one point I think there was a suggestion to use the Government Office regions rather than ceremonial counties. In the cases where there is dispute I think it would be wise to use a template such as Template:England-geo-stub, which is what I am about to do here. Owain 14:33, 13 November 2005 (UTC)
This article is nowhere near GA status. First, there is quite a lack of coverage. Demographics? Cities, towns, villages, etc. within? Economic role? Natural features? And so on. Second, the article does not adhere to WP:LAYOUT, WP:LEAD, and possibly other areas in the Manual of Style. Third, while reasonable references exist at the bottom, there are almost no inline citations within the body of the text. This article ought to have had multiple "citation needed" tags and, hence, not been brought for review. This article needs a complete rewrite/rework especially with regards to the Quarter Sessions section which needs an explanation of what a quarter session is among other things. Also, is the Coat of Arms picture really the creator's own work?! Surely that copyright tag is wrong and should be something (I'm not sure what applies to heraldry images...) else. That's all I can think of at the moment, there is more perhaps. --Meowist 18:52, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- There is nothing wrong with the tag on the coat of arms image: I drew it with Coreldraw myself. Lozleader 21:12, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, my bad. In that case, it's pretty well done.--Meowist 06:06, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
< By 1835 this had risen to 576, or about one per cent of the population. >
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Soke of Peterborough. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080516040153/http://www.peterborough-diocese.org.uk/background.htm to http://www.peterborough-diocese.org.uk/background.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.