|WikiProject Sussex||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Suggestions for improvement
- History section needed - the village is an ancient one - the 1905 pic would illustrate
- Notable people - needs its own section
- Lead mentions two churches, but the section Church mentions only one
- Probably a good idea to have an Amenities section (as many village articles do) including worship, war memorial, education, pubs, transport, etc.
More to do & pictures
There is more to do on this article, and I plan to do it in the next few days. Expansion of each section will make the pictures fit more comfortably, which they don't do at the moment. There is inevitably some crossover between this article and Harting. Tony Holkham (talk) 13:27, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
- A useful ref? The new room at the church is named after him. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/1482540/Admiral-Sir-Horace-Law.html SovalValtos (talk) 18:30, 30 September 2014 (UTC)
Plenty more history!
I've done as much as I can on this article for the moment as I have other pressing matters. The Further reading section contains refs (online) that will provide a wealth of information if anyone has time to extract it. If not, I may come back to the article later. Tony Holkham (talk) 12:37, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
- There was one on the same side as the church, on the raised pavement going south. There in 1970, probably closed by 1980. It served London Pride, but I do not know if it was a Fuller's pub as such. Another in West Harting, closed by 1970. I have put out feelers to get names. Whether they are notable enough to be included in the article, I am not sure.SovalValtos (talk) 14:14, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- Will this ref do, d'you think? It's 1980. Tony Holkham (talk) 23:17, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- And a pic here Tony Holkham (talk) 23:20, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- The Geograph picture ties in with my OR recollection. The steeple of St Mary and St Gabriel is behind. I have not used a geograph pic, but it looks possible and would help the article if added for now. I have placed one pub by altering a caption. I cannot add any good judgement about using the Buckfast source.SovalValtos (talk) 06:24, 6 December 2014 (UTC)