Talk:Spanish National Research Council
|WikiProject Organizations||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Spain||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
CSIC vs Spanish National Research Council
Not sure that moving the article from CSIC to its current title is a good idea. Scientific literature in English refers to CSIC and anyone wishing to check it out would therefore look it up on Wikipedia under those initials. Obviously the translation into English of the full name should figure in the lead but the article should appear under the name most people would associate with it. Feedback? --Technopat (talk) 16:33, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
'Spanish National Research Council' correctly translates into English the original name 'Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas' in Spanish. It is not a word-by-word translation, but the official provided by the institution itself. The correct acronym is 'CSIC', following the Spanish name of the institution. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:58, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Agree with merging of the other article into this one. Besides, this pages need urgent attention and expansion, it describes a 24,000-employee research institution! Gaianauta (talk) 23:34, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Spanish National Research Council. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100619175434/http://www.utm.csic.es/hesperides.asp to http://www.utm.csic.es/hesperides.asp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080415220437/http://www.utm.csic.es/bae.asp to http://www.utm.csic.es/bae.asp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100918195044/http://www.utm.csic.es/sarmiento_his.asp to http://www.utm.csic.es/sarmiento_his.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.