|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Mozilla||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Titles of the articles./Títulos
- 3 The word "JägerMonkey"
- 4 JägerMonkey merge
- 5 C Programming Language backgrounds; Reference names
- 6 Requested move 21 February 2016
- 7 Inclusion of SpiderNode as a version of SpiderMonkey here in this Article?
one of two. and the other is... ???? -- Tarquin 17:44 Feb 28, 2003 (UTC)
Titles of the articles./Títulos
The word "JägerMonkey"
Where does the word "JägerMonkey" come from? I have three potential theories, but have not found a source where the origin is described.
- "Jäger", German word for "hunter"
- "Jägermeister", an alcoholic drink
- Agree: for the reason that the article JägerMonkey isn't very large. Nothing prevents a future split-away iff the JägerMonkey section becomes large later, but for now a separate article isn't needed. Rursus dixit. (mbork3!) 18:59, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
- Agree: and merged it --asqueella (talk) 19:32, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
C Programming Language backgrounds; Reference names
I wasn't sure how to incorporate this into the article as it just feels odd referencing a wiki with another wiki, but I wanted to make mention of how SpiderMonkey was originally written in C:
For many years, SpiderMonkey was written in C, and is gradually moving to C++. We still avoid many features such as run-time type information and virtual functions, but have come around to the glory of templates and namespaces relatively recently. ...
Also, there are two named references whose names don't refer to any previous citations. Might anyone know which citations "hunted" and "mozilla1" should refer to?00:57, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
Requested move 21 February 2016
Inclusion of SpiderNode as a version of SpiderMonkey here in this Article?
The WikiProject is also taking on the organization of the Wikipedia community's user script support pages. If you are interested in helping to organize information on the user scripts (or are curious about what we are up to), let us know!
Thank you. The Transhumanist 01:14, 12 April 2017 (UTC)