Talk:SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)
|SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7) has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|To-do list for SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7):|
- 1 My fixing by Narnia2514
- 2 Fraken-Sponge is an episode?!
- 3 This is horrible
- 4 Edit protect request
- 5 Rows
- 6 What The?!
- 7 Episodes deleted
- 8 Krabby Patty No More
- 9 A Life in a Day
- 10 Fake and violent episodes removed
- 11 2 seasons in 1
- 12 Sources
- 13 No 7th
- 14 Unexpected Episodes
- 15 Ratings sources
- 16 GA Review
- 17 GA Review
- 18 External links modified
My fixing by Narnia2514
Fraken-Sponge is an episode?!
I seen that there is not an episode named Fraken-Sponge. Can this wikipedia editor fix this? - Puccafan920
Click on User Talk:Puccafan920 to talk to Puccafan920!
This is horrible
- Well, if you think it's so bad, then fix it. I would, but I haven't seen any of the recent episodes to make summaries which one can actually understand. The first few episodes are ok, but the last couple aren't. Mokoniki | talk 17:49, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
Edit protect request
- This article is not protected. Please see WP:RFPP to request protection. Intelligentsium 00:38, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
Ok, first of all, on SpongeBob's Last Stand, the row for it looks messed up. I'm not good at rows, so someone please fix it.--Daisy18108 Talk to me here! Sign my Guestbook! 17:13, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
What is this supposed to be?
The Die of Plankton / A Pack of Snails
Episode №: 140
Airdate: November 26, 2010
The Die of Plankton: Plankton gets assasinated by Mr. Krabs. A Pack of Snails: Gary meets his family in the center of Bikini Bottom.
Krabs's Malfunction / Sponge Park
Episode №: 141
Krabs's Malfunction: Mr. Krabs is uncontrolled by a lightning, and Plankton have this perfect opportunity to steal the secret recipe.
Sponge Park: Patrick mounted a sponge park dedicated to SpongeBob, but accidentally the roller coaster almost destroys Squidward's house.
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY FAKE!!!
Curse of Bikini Bottom/Squidward in Clarinetland
Krabby Patty No More
A Life in a Day
Fake and violent episodes removed
2 seasons in 1
Someone here randomly thinks that Season 7 includes Season 8 episodes, thus removing episodes 121-126 and thwn adding 141-150! This is not even close to right!!! Season 7 starts with "Sand Castles in the Sand" on March 16, 2009. Season 8 starts with "Enchanted Tiki Dreams" on June 19, 2010! KNOCK IT OFF, WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CRAPPY NONSENE!!! --18.104.22.168 (talk) 23:15, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- You've made other edits that were erroneous, which is why your edit here was reverted. Next time, cite a source likeTV.com, which shows that, yes, you were honest and correct. Ian.thomson (talk) 17:09, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
Just a reminder, the episode list version I've put up is sourced and matches the source. The other version is mucked together by some folks like 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, who have previously been banned for introducing errors into episode list articles. If someone wants to revert to the WRONG version, that's fine, but please give a good explanation why. Ian.thomson (talk) 16:35, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
There was never a seventh season you guys! SpongeBB was cancelled in 2004, so even though 5 years of sponginess, reruns on tv right? It ended in 2004. It's not renewed! Seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 don't exist! It onyl had 3 season s! --188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:03, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
130. Greasy Buffoons / Punishment and ???. Model Sponge / Dead Squid Walking
"Punishment" and "Dead Squid Walking" air in September 2012.
Hello! I've removed some of the sources in the ratings in the episode section as those sources does not much the ratings written. For example, one source said that it had this number of viewers, but the source said it is the rating for a week in 2012. Something like that. If you could check the source again, and find some errors, that would be appreciated and please remove it too. Thanks! Mediran (t • c) 05:56, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Good Article Checklist
- Well-written -the prose is clear and concise, respects copyright laws, and the spelling and grammar are correct; and it complies with the manual of style guidelines for lead sections, layout, words to watch, fiction, and list incorporation.
- Verifiable with no original research: it contains a list of all references (sources of information), presented in accordance with the layout style guideline; it provides in-line citations from reliable sources for direct quotations, statistics, published opinion, counter-intuitive or controversial statements that are challenged or likely to be challenged, and contentious material relating to living persons—science-based articles should follow the scientific citation guidelines; and it contains no original research.
- Broad in its coverage: it addresses the main aspects of the topic; and it stays focused on the topic without going into unnecessary detail (see summary style).
- Neutral: it represents viewpoints fairly and without bias, giving due weight to each.
- Stable: it does not change significantly from day to day because of an ongoing edit war or content dispute.
- Illustrated, if possible, by images: images are tagged with their copyright status, and valid fair use rationales are provided for non-free content; and images are relevant to the topic, and have suitable captions.
|Good Article review progress box
- Disambig links: OK
- Reference check: Issues found
- "SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 7" is Bare and tends to have connection issues.
- Nickelodeon Upfront 2008 (info) [animationinsider.net] - Dead
- Legends of Bikini Bottom To Debut on Facebook Before Nick (info) [awn.com] -redirect
- "The season was executive produced by series creator Hillenburg and writer Paul Tibbitt, who also acted as the showrunner." - Executive produced? Huh?
- "The announcement was with the seventh season pick-up of The Fairly OddParents." Relevant?
- Normally I do not like the pictures from guest stars, as you've no doubt come to realize, but if you could appease me with a reduction in the sheer size, I'd be content for this particular one. West and Ward are notable in their own right, but they are not one-off appearances by any measure.
- The rest of the cast and reception is pretty much alright, but I can't help but notice the extra emphasis on large and lengthy quotes to round it out. I don't see why some of the lengthier quotes could be paraphrased and it just seems like it was done to bulk out the article in some fashion.
- Again the episode summaries are the stand out. In order to make themselves stand out from the list of episodes and provide some context to the reader, the target descriptions should be be 3-4 sentences or about 50 words each. These very short summaries do little to describe the season's episodes and this is the one article where I would expect them to be covered at the bare minimum for the broad category. I doubt I could really fail you for not filling them up more, but the episodes that comprise the season are the main focus of the article. Right now they still play second fiddle and the earlier seasons had much better summaries. So I am all for consistency, but I do insist that they be worked on. I'll give extra time to work on these issues, I do particularly like the antics of SpongeBob and I did take all the articles and review them as a group. ChrisGualtieri (talk) 23:35, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
- Please give me an update when you are done. It's just been a week, but I see you are still working on this. ChrisGualtieri (talk) 04:26, 11 January 2014 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7)/GA2. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- It is reasonably well written.
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars, etc.:
- It is illustrated by images and other media, where possible and appropriate.
- That first sentence in the lead is rather long; I suggest breaking it in two, perhaps after June 11, 2011.
- The lead seems a bit sparse overall, as it is meant to summarize each section of the article body. Please add more content from the sections on Production, Cast, and Reception.
- I'm not sure the Brown Johnson quotes need [...], since they are not breaking up any of his wording
- "Nickelodeon said on Wednesday, January 27, thatSpongeBob SquarePants..." -- space needed in there
- No need to mention Brown Johnson's qualifications twice (the first time is sufficient).
- "... to try something new where we can give SpongeBob's 16 million fans on Facebook a first look..." -- italicize SpongeBob
- "...a miserly crab obsessed with money and SpongeBob's boss at the Krusty Krab;..." --> "...a miserly crab obsessed with money who is SpongeBob's boss at the Krusty Krab;..."
- Watch out for tense shifts, especially in the Cast section: "Goodwin also guest starred..." but then you say "She lends her voice..."
- Done? I'm sorry but I need you to check it again.
- "The series received several recognition..." -- this doesn't make grammatical sense
- Is Ian Jane referring to the overall series, or the seventh season? If the latter, it might be good to rephrase this to: "In his review of the seventh season for DVD Talk..."
- You're using a lot of Ian Jane quotes; per WP:QUOTEFARM, is there anything you can rephrase into your own words? Same with the Josh Rode quotes.
- "As for the character of SpongeBob, he criticized its voice ..." -- isn't SpongeBob a "he", not an "it'?
- Are there any other reviews of the season out there? Perhaps on individual episodes?
The article isn't too far off from GA status, but still has a bit of a ways to go (mainly due to its prose). I'll place the article on hold while you take a look at my comments, and will add this review on my watchlist as you respond (so please respond here when finished with your edits/replies). I will return and give it a final review. Thanks! Ruby 2010/2013 02:02, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Ruby2010! Thanks for your comments! Sorry if it will take longer for me to work on the article because I'm very busy. Friday/Saturday maybe. Thanks! — Mediran [talk] 10:12, 24 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on SpongeBob SquarePants (season 7). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.viacom.com/news/Pages/newstext.aspx?RID=1118469
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080310222309/http://www.roughdraftstudios.com/press/press_20040115.html to http://www.roughdraftstudios.com/press/press_20040115.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131016144015/http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/spongebob7.php to http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/spongebob7.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.