Talk:Springfield (The Simpsons)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Springfield (The Simpsons) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2|
|Text and/or other creative content from this version of List of locations in The Simpsons was copied or moved into Springfield (The Simpsons) with this edit. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists. The former page's talk page can be accessed at Talk:List of locations in The Simpsons.|
|WikiProject Animation / American||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|Springfield (The Simpsons) received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Threads with no replies in 90 days may be automatically moved.|
Article says "A mid-sized town in an undetermined state of the United States"
This might actually be untrue. In Season 11, episode 22 "Behind the laughter", first aired may 21st 2000, the Simpsons family is refered to as "this northern Kentucky family" by the narrator. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:42, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
- Then why are there other clues pointing at other States then ? You should re-read the article, and the sources in the refs. Xerxes (contact) 14:26, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
- Behind the Laughter was not in the regular continuity of the show; the reference to northern Kentucky referred only to the supposed Simpsons family that the regular show is supposedly based on. Not only that, but the reference to "northern Kentucky" was changed to "southern Missouri" for the first repeat of the episode, and yet other place names were recorded to substitute in and included on the DVD. --Metropolitan90 (talk) 16:46, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
Proof of Springfields fictivity
Is given at ~6.33min in Seas.3 Ep.2, when the map shows the perfect, four-point border crosspoint southeast of Springfield. There is only one such point in the US and the state in question has a vertical eastborder, instead of the river-adjacent shape on that map. Here you go!--22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:37, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Springfield (The Simpsons). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071005053116/http://www.kval.com/news/8775202.html to http://www.kval.com/news/8775202.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070930020454/http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/NEWS01/706080333/1001/NEWS to http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070608/NEWS01/706080333/1001/NEWS
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i5cd11e0c6fc24e90a897224f6f3c214d
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131012143205/http://www.wickedlocal.com/chelmsford/fun/entertainment/x1278147194 to http://www.wickedlocal.com/chelmsford/fun/entertainment/x1278147194
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.