Talk:St. Joseph Valley Parkway
|St. Joseph Valley Parkway has been listed as one of the Engineering and technology good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject U.S. Roads||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
To derive the length of the freeway, the following three numbers were calculated:
- Length of US 20 segment in IN: MP 98.65 − MP 70.53 = 28.12 mi
- Length of non-concurrent US 31 segment in IN: MP 266.02 − MP 262.24 = 3.78 mi
- Length of US 31 segment in MI: 24.441 mi (the other end is MP 0.000 at the state line)
Total = 28.12 + 3.78 + 24.441 = 56.341 or 56.34 mi after rounding to 2 decimal places of precision
Future GAN for the article
I'm not the article's creator, but I've tried to improve it as I can along the way because it's the right thing to do. Honestly, I think that this article could be a Good Article Nominee in the future. The only things holding it back would be some cleanup and expansion of the Lead and removing Ref 12 (Michigan Highways). The lead needs to be expanded to cover the History and Future sections of the article, which could be done in a second paragraph that summarizes both of them. The footnotes for refs 2 and 3 aren't really needed in the lead, and ref 1 should be reused somewhere in the body of the article. The summary of the RD in the Lead should be flipped to run south-to-north to follow the RD. The first mentions of either US 20 or US 31 in the lead need to be unpiped and spelled out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses. Once the Michigan Highways reference is either removed or replaced as a source, I'd bump it into an External links section along with any other appropriate links. If we can find any photos, that would be great, but that's not required for GA. For future work, a should be inserted in place of any regular spaces in highway designation abbreviations, and the word "parkway" should not be capitalized unless part of the full proper name. Imzadi 1979 → 09:44, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on St. Joseph Valley Parkway. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141006073353/http://www.michigan.gov/documents/MDOT_NHS_Statewide_150626_7.pdf to http://www.michigan.gov/documents/MDOT_NHS_Statewide_150626_7.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110505203005/http://dotmaps.indot.in.gov/apps/trafficcounts/ to http://dotmaps.indot.in.gov/apps/trafficcounts/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0%2C4616%2C7-151-9620_11057-74161--%2C00.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/local/when-oh-when-will-be-done/article_9f00c358-d14f-5715-b296-f5b77fb7bf2c.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2013/09/mdot_officials_concerned_that.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/local/don-t-hold-your-breath/article_b5643c86-7eb4-5f0e-beed-f3e94aa891df.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110615200707/http://www.in.gov/indot/files/StateWide_2004.pdf to http://www.in.gov/indot/files/StateWide_2004.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.