Talk:St Pancras Church, Ipswich/GA1
I'm failing this article for the reasons below. It is not a "quick fail" but I do not think that the problems can be fixed within a reasonably short period of time. A quick look shows several basic issues:
- Should this article be called "Saint Pancras" or "St Pancras"? The church website and other sites use "St" but this article is entitled "Saint" - why? See WP:COMMONNAME.
- Too many one-sentence paragraphs.
- I don't see that suffolkchurches.co.uk is a reliable source. If this church was indeed intended to be the RC cathedral for Eastern England, there will be a better source to say that.
- The "Architecture and Fittings" section has nothing about the architecture, when there is plenty of available material about it at the listed building details.
- The church's participation in the nightshelter scheme is neither "architecture" nor "fittings".
- The name of the parish priest is unsourced, as is the membership of 950. Avoid having details only in the infobox; if worth mentioning there, they should be included in the article. Another example of this is the "Gothic Revival" style, again unsourced but presumably sourceable.
- "Authorising papal bull: 1919?" Eh?
I know it can be hard to write about churches with little material to hand, but there is more that can be drawn from these sources and I suspect more generally available (without going over the top) to fill out the article to reach GA status. It's not there yet but has potential. BencherliteTalk 14:15, 15 February 2013 (UTC)