|WikiProject Computer science||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Clarification request: Why is the output function ω : Σ × Q→ Z not mentioned in the list of elements given as:
SDL diagrams should probably be mentioned here.
what program was used to draw the state diagrams in this article? i'd like to create some but it seems like adobe illustrator would be overkill...
- I think Inkscape would be the most appropriate tool for this kind of diagram. You might want to check out the Wikipedia:graphics tutorials. --22.214.171.124 19:31, 2 August 2007 (UTC)
I know that the quality of stuff I added is not A+ but at least it's *something* - I hope the pirania effect will take place, and people who are angered at my poor quality addition will enhance it :) No harm intended --Msoos 08:34, 12 October 2005 (UTC)
clear up, possible merge?
So, spent the hour my students are drawing state diagrams to clean this up a bit and fix the footnotes. Repaired some of the "what the student thinks s/he heard in class" damage. Still a lot to do, and one needs to consider merging this into an article finite state automata. I have no earthly idea what the Mealy automaton is supposed to be doing, if the output was always 1/0 or 0/1 it would be an automaton for flipping all the bits in a representation. This makes no sense - maybe someone can figure out what it is supposed to be? --WiseWoman (talk) 11:14, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
statw diagrams are basically the pictorial representation of different states of a perticular digital system and it makes the work and solution more easy and time saving —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:14, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
Statechart versus flowchart
I've added the section "State diagrams versus flowchart" to clarify the distinction.
- I like this. It can be clarified further by explaining how both can be described in terms of Petri nets. Rp (talk) 21:55, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- I just added two "citation needed" tags to this section: the second and third sentences of the first paragraph and the entire last paragraph. I like how this section describes the differences between state diagrams and flowcharts. But the portions that I cited imply a negative connotation to combining states and flow graphs together, and I would like to add a section to this page on how there are some alternative semantics where states and flow graph constructs can be used together in one single state diagram. However, before I add my section, I want to first check to see if there is indeed a citation available for these statements that imply that states and flow graphs should be separated from one another. — added by Mcarone (talk • contribs) 20:44, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
- The two diagrams should show the same flow, not two completely different things. e.g. from "s2" that there are two lines, one "E2 / action2()" and another (new) "E4 / action4()". Also, state charts usually have an end state, so both the "action3()" and "action4()" transition would point to the end state. Mogsie (talk) 14:01, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
File:Directed.svg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Directed.svg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests September 2011
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
I was trying to clean up the below reference, but I can't really figure out what was intended:
http://www.csl.sri.com/users/tiwari/papers/stateflow.pdf Tiwari, A. (2002). Formal Semantics and Analysis Methods for Simulink Stateflowdf Hamon, G. (2005). A Denotational Semantics for Stateflow. International Conference on Embedded Softwa control the ticks of the watch
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on State diagram. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070630125241/http://www.intelliwizard.com/ to http://www.intelliwizard.com/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.