|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Stephanie McMahon article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Stephanie McMahon has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to .If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 WWE Stock/Career
- 2 Stephanie's InfoBox Picture
- 3 Debut
- 4 Second source for Murphy Claire
- 5 Pic
- 6 Source
- 7 New picture, anyone?
- 8 Stephanie expecting 3rd child
- 9 Personal life section?
- 10 Third Daughter's Name
- 11 McMahons vs Legacy
- 12 File:Stephanie McMachon.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
- 13 Middle Name
- 14 Legit Triple H marriage
- 15 Orphaned references in Stephanie McMahon
- 16 Face turn
- 17 Semi-protected edit request on 13 June 2016
This section is written like a riddle. It mentions buying & selling of stock, but only the months; Not the year/s. "McMahon sold 137,610 shares in the month of May for $1.25 million, and sold 140,000 shares in June for $1.37 million, and has 191,945 shares left for about $2 million. Also, in July, Stephanie sold 58,016 shares for $601,749, but also purchased 420,000 shares on May 15. On August,1st Stephanie sold even more of her class A stock for $3 million " — Preceding unsigned comment added by Torydude (talk • contribs) 22:27, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
Stephanie's InfoBox Picture
I don't like the current picture that was in the InfoBox for this article.I really don't want that picture of her to be on the article.It's a nice picture but it's not strong enough to be at the top of the article. When people come to this page.They need to see her in a way that repesents all of her accomplishments.This picture does half- of that!Not 100%!So until You (meaning whoever responds to this) and I came come to an agreement on what picture we should use for the article I've taken it down. User:K.M.D1994 11:15, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
Her debut is incorrect, you have it listed as September 20th, this is wrong as her debut happened with the Undertaker Vince mcMahon feud and since Vince mcMahon was revealed to be Undertaker's higher power in June of 1999, she debuted sometime in April I believe.184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:12, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Second source for Murphy Claire
- It is a little, but I also find it weird that they named their daughter "Murphy". ♥Nici♥Vampire♥Heart♥ 13:27, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
That Pic is from at least 04/05 can we get a more recent one(Jan/1/09)
The source for Stephanie's second daughter Murphy was removed but i don't understand why? The source was from the insider but what's wrong with this source?(MgTurtle (talk) 04:16, 15 August 2009 (UTC)).
New picture, anyone?
Is there any more free pictures we could use for this article? The one right now doesn't do her justice (it makes her look a little demented, actually o_O) Someone963852 (talk) 00:09, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
Stephanie expecting 3rd child
It's been reported that Stephanie McMahon has confirmed she and husband Jean-Paul Levesque (Triple H), are expecting their third child. http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/article/269912480.php —Preceding unsigned comment added by Philmata (talk • contribs) 15:44, 13 March 2010 (UTC)
Stephanie and husband Triple H are currently expecting their 3rd child, due in August. http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/s/stephaniemcmahon/gallery/photoscans/2/index.php?gal=1&pic=41
It is the real Linda McMahon twitter account, as she is running for Senate, so Lindaforsenate is the real Linda McMahon.
- Sometimes a picture speaks a thousand sources! She's beyond pregnant and if you have two working eyes you can see that. Just let them add it in at this point because while it's a fact not in evidence, it's still a factLostinlodos (talk) 16:40, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Their third daughter was born weeks ago. It's been confirmed by multiple sources. Why does Wikipedia keep removing this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:58, 14 September 2010 (UTC)
I think that US News and World report can be counted as a reiable source, she's quoted as saying, "But I see the other side. I see my mom. And I hope that I can be half the mother to my three girls that she was to me." (http://politics.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/10/27/daughter-who-hit-linda-mcmahon-in-wwe-ring-now-in-a-tv-spot.html) It doesn't give a date, but we know it's August 25th, 2010 from all over everywhere else.... 03:33, 28 October 2010 (UTC)mysticalone27 —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mysticalone27 (talk • contribs)
Not too good at wikicode, but maybe somebody can fix that. Also, it should be noted it's on Steph's twitter page as well. (http://twitter.com/steph_mcmahonl) It's just ridiculous it's not on here. Mysticalone27 (talk) 03:47, 28 October 2010 (UTC)mysticalone27
Tried fixing this. Only listed she has three daughters, based on the quote above, since I can't find a "reliable source" for the birth date apparently. Mysticalone27 (talk) 18:48, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
Personal life section?
This item at best warrants a single sentence and should certainly not be placed at the beginning of "personal life". Hence I'm moving the paragraph here.
"McMahon got breast implants in July 2001. In an October 2001 interview, her mother Linda commented on her daughter's enhancement, saying, "My first concerns are always with health issues. Stephanie had thoroughly investigated the procedure, and she had answers to all the questions that I asked, and so I felt comfortable that if that was something that she wanted to do, then she should proceed, and she had my full support." During her October 2002 appearance on The Howard Stern Show, McMahon stated that she was contemplating getting an even larger set of implants because she had recently lost weight at the time, thereby making them smaller."
Third Daughter's Name
Triple H said on an interview that him and Stephanie named their third daughter Vaughn. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCY0JoqMUWs I know YouTube isn't "Reliable" but here it is anyway. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:31, 8 January 2011 (UTC)
- YouTube would be unreliable if it were some fan making the claim, but a video-interview of Triple H is plenty reliable regardless of where it is hosted. RxMuscle also confirms the spelling 'Vaughn' in a quote from Steph:
- "I gained 80 pounds with my first daughter, Aurora. 80 POUNDS!!! It took me a year to take it off; I went to a nutritionist and the diet really only got me so far...it was o.k. but I can only eat so many raw vegetables! After Murphy and Vaughn were born I discovered Dave Palumbo who helped me with my diet
- That's evidence enough for me. Besides, it appears her 'personal life' section agrees with this and more details:
- Aurora Rose born 24 July 2006, making her 8 now
- Murphy Claire born 28 July 2008, making her 6 now
- Vaughn Evelyn born 24 August 2010, making her 4 now
McMahons vs Legacy
File:Stephanie McMachon.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Stephanie McMachon.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Copyright violations
Don't panic; deletions can take a little longer at Commons than they do on Wikipedia. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion (although please review Commons guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
- Fixed your URL, malfunctioned due to C at the end. Specifically the exact quote for those curious:
- Full Name: Stephanie McMahon Levesque (no hyphen; legally changed my middle name to McMahon)
- The phrase 'changed my middle name' sounds like it is an exact quote from her during the interview. Ranze (talk) 19:36, 11 November 2014 (UTC)
Legit Triple H marriage
Okay, I need someone to say if this is right or not. I have a coworker who's been a fan of the WWF/WWE for over 25 years, and he said the Triple H/Stephanie McMahon marriage is stricly kayfabe, as useful in future storylines with Vince McMahon (who he said isn't really H's father-in-law). I pointed out how here on Wikipedia it has them married with a sourced article saying the same. He said that it was because to protect the kayfabe storyline, the most important thing in wrestling, they protect the kayfabe by calling themselves married, even with children, to all authors. Is this the case? Is this article wrong? Are they really married, or is it kayfabe being protected by the two of them?? Or, is my coworker full of it, out of touch, etc, and they really are married in real life? How do I find out?? Thanks--22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:36, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- According to reliable mainstream sources, it is a 100% legit marriage. But according to reliable sources from the 1950s, pro wrestling was as legit as boxing. Smart fans can't be fooled by little lies like feuds and blading anymore, but as Vince McMahon said on Larry King of WWF fans: In the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. OK, that was actually Hitler, but the point remains. In order for WWE to work us marks, we can never know the extent to which we're being worked. So it's possible the marriage is a story. The article is correct, since the marriage is verifiable, but as for absolute truth, I'm afraid neither you nor your friend (or even X-Pac) can ever know for sure. InedibleHulk (talk) 17:28, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
Orphaned references in Stephanie McMahon
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Stephanie McMahon's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "CageMusic":
- From Triple H: "Themes « Triple H « Wrestlers Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- From The Undertaker: "Undertaker's Themes".
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 10:32, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
The section "4.1.9 Face turn (2016-present)" should be retitled and significantly altered.
While it is clear that there is significant shakeup in on-screen management on WWE Monday Night RAW, and this has been described multiple times by the company as a new era, the actions and words of Stephanie McMahon are far from what one might describe as a face turn. McMahon's character on the episode of RAW in question, May 2nd, exhibited both subtle and overt signs of heelish behavior. On screen McMahon was acting coy with Dean Ambrose, a face, and when pushed on her ostensible change in character and taunted by Ambrose, responded by canceling the talk show of the fan favorite. Later in the episode McMahon praised the heel pair of Charlotte Flair and her father Ric in favor of the fan favorite Natalia. And although McMahon banned Ric from ringside of the Women's Championship match, it was arguably not in an attempt to level the playing field in the interest of fairness, but rather to impose her own power in any way she sees fit. Collectively, Stephanie McMahon's actions on the May 2nd episode of Monday Night RAW are not that of a newly minted babyface, but rather that of a manipulative and controlling heel authority figure. The breadcrumbs are being placed by WWE for a story in which McMahon remains coy and hides her motives, laying in wait to take advantage of an opportunity to play some trump card or gain an upper hand on her brother, perhaps in conjunction with the on-screen return of her husband and top heel Triple H, in an attempt to wrest control of RAW from Shane. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:00, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
I'll reiterate the initial point that Stephanie McMahon is not a face, and this is a ruse as part of a larger, still developing angle. She is, undoubtedly, outwardly behaving as if some internal change of heart or character has occured, but it remains up for debate what this will lead to. There remains tension and a guarded nature between the siblings on-screen, and the motivations for Stephanie's actions and ostensible shift in character remain unclear. I suppose a Wiki page for an ongoing storyline is not worth arguing too much about, since it won't be completely clear what will happen until it is revealed. However, it seems silly to use absolute statements about any one action that has "solidified her face turn", when all the pieces are still in motion & the story is still being told. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:45, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 13 June 2016
|This edit request has been answered. Set the |
The only part I want to edit is to add that Stephanie Mcmahon is now a tweener after kicking out Teddy Long and stealing his idea. Just think it is important. LewSeth200 (talk) 13:39, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
- Not done: as you have not requested a specific change in the form "Please replace XXX with YYY" or "Please add ZZZ between PPP and QQQ".
More importantly, you have not cited reliable sources to back up your request, without which no information should be added to, or changed in, any article. - Arjayay (talk) 13:44, 13 June 2016 (UTC)