|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Sterling Airlines article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Sterling Airlines destinations was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 31 March 2010 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into Sterling Airlines. The original page is now a redirect to this page. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
Removed the following information from main article, which seems POVish to me. If these facts can be based on solid facts, a customer service section is warranted, but without that, it seems like an attack.--Cabiria 14:35, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- The service hotlines both in Copenhagen and in Stockholm are chronically undermanned. It is almost impossible to get through. Cancelled flights are shown as not cancelled on the sterling.dk website, in order to simulate top performance. Replacement flights for cancelled flights are provided with great delay. Quick help for sick passengers nonexistent. (From IP 220.127.116.11)
What really happened.....
Example of a Ponzi? 1. A buys airline X for 5 billion wholly financed by the bank of A's friend B. 2. B buys airline X from A for 10 billion, pledging shares in A as security for a 10 billion loan from the bank of B’s friend A. 3. A repays 5 billion loan leaving own capital of 5 billion on the books. 4. And on and on it goes, with every player recording increased own capital by the billions at each merry go round.
This article shoul'd be named "Sterling Airways", a danish charter airline company 1965-1992 approx. After bankruptcy, some of it's former captains formed the new "Sterling Airlines" already in the early 90's. Then it grew and in 2005 the icelanders bougth it and went bankruptcy a few years after. Soon thereafter "Cimber Air" (from Sonderborg) took over large parts of the fleet. It is now known as "Cimber Sterling". Old "Sterling Airlines" used a midzise fleet of Caravelle III. In the 80's they bought 3 Boeing 727, but several Caravelle were still in use in the early 90's. "Sterling Airways" were one of three charter airlines at Kastrup airport, Copenhagen. They competed with "Maersk Air" (Mærsk Air) and "Conair". Until the 90's allmost all regular flight traffic in Europe were runned by national air companies like SAS (Scandinavia), British Airways, Air France, Lufthansa (Germany), KLM (Netherlands), Iberia (Spain), Al Italia, Sabena (Belgium) etc. But on charter traffic competition was alouded in several countries, among them Denmark. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:25, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Sterling Airlines. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081201194036/http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2008/10/29/040834.htm to http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2008/10/29/040834.htm
- Added archive https://www.webcitation.org/679z5OhjG?url=http://www.whatairline.co.uk/Sterling-bankruptcy-1008.htm to http://www.whatairline.co.uk/Sterling-bankruptcy-1008.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.