|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This article has been mentioned by a media organization:
"Shaped like a large golf ball"?
I'm trying to wrap my mind around the phrase in the second sentence of the "Building" section -- "Shaped like a large golf ball..." Does the author mean...spherical? That is the shape of golf balls (and most other balls), so I'm not sure what they're trying to convey. Perhaps they meant to say "Resembling a large golf ball...", although that's debatable, since the Globen lacks the characteristic dimpled surface of a golf ball. Can anyone think of a better way to describe the Globen, or should we just remove that descriptor? Bricology (talk) 19:06, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Well, isn't the Globen like part of some massive Solar System or something? It could be said that it resembles the sun, but then the color is missing. You could call the Globen a snowball or something like that. Zadora13 (talk) 23:29, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- As soon as I read that sentence I came to a complete stop. It seems to me to be completely superfluous. The structure is already described in the previous sentence as a hemispherical building, saying it's shaped like a golf ball at best doesn't add anything to the description and at worst causes confusion. I'd say we should just remove it.Maxximillian (talk) 00:47, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- I found it disturbing too and changed it to "white ball" since it's not obvious by the primary picture, as it's taken by night and illuminated by colored lights. -- Henriok (talk) 23:52, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
Its official name is now (as of Feb 2, 2009, if I understand correctly) "Ericsson Globe". However, svwiki has kept the common name "Globen" for its article. The question is how to do here, if there is a common name in English ("Globe Arena, Stockholm"?), or to change to the now official/sponsored one. Tomas e (talk) 11:20, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think the article should move to Ericsson Globe since the common English name and the official English name seems to have been the same in the past (otherwise this article would still be called Globen, I guess?). Also, the arena company (Stockholm Globe Arenas) has not changed their name in the press release, so now the company is easier to distinguish from the four arenas they operate. I previosly moved Rocklundahallen to ABB Arena Nord so that the old name redirects to the new, which would probably work fine here too. --Bamsefar75 (talk) 15:25, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- OK, fine with me, although I doubt the sponsored name will ever become WP:COMMONNAME in Swedish. But that is of course another story. Tomas e (talk) 17:52, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 9 external links on Ericsson Globe. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110722081746/http://www.globearenas.se/content/docs/Pressmedd/prm-stockholm-globe-arenas-090202.pdf to http://www.globearenas.se/content/docs/Pressmedd/prm-stockholm-globe-arenas-090202.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20111021004217/http://www.iihf.com/en/channels-12/iihf-world-championship-wc12/home/tournament-info/ericsson-globe.html to http://www.iihf.com/en/channels-12/iihf-world-championship-wc12/home/tournament-info/ericsson-globe.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110612232617/http://svt.se/2.63065/1.739413/melodifestivalen_80-talet to http://svt.se/2.63065/1.739413/melodifestivalen_80-talet
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110612232848/http://svt.se/2.63065/1.739417/melodifestivalen_2000-talet to http://svt.se/2.63065/1.739417/melodifestivalen_2000-talet
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100820042734/http://www.globearenas.se/content/docs/Diverse/stockholm-globe-arenas09-engny.pdf to http://www.globearenas.se/content/docs/Diverse/stockholm-globe-arenas09-engny.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131110170340/http://www.rihannanow.com/live/page/4/ to http://www.rihannanow.com/live/page/4/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110612232454/http://svt.se/2.33538/1.1570574/rod_stuga_pa_globens_topp to http://svt.se/2.33538/1.1570574/rod_stuga_pa_globens_topp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090818042946/http://svtplay.se/v/1570024/stuga_placerad_pa_globens_tak to http://svtplay.se/v/1570024/stuga_placerad_pa_globens_tak
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090520013734/http://www.globearenas.se/en.aspx to http://www.globearenas.se/en.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.