Talk:Super League War
|WikiProject Rugby league||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
I think this move is justified, I will fix all links relating to the now defunct ASL to here, a create a new page about SLE for the current comp, with info on that.
made major changes
Okay, I've done my best to fix up the page and introduce NPOV. The SLE bit was copied word-for-word from the Super League (Europe) page, and I don't know enough about SLE to write it properly, so I've just linked to the SLE page. The Pacific Islands and International sections were irreperably POV, and I don't think they're relevant enough to justify rewriting so I've just removed them.
The page still isn't perfect, but that's the best I can do for now. It took way too long just to do what little I've done (I wasted too much time trying to research SLE)!--MarkGallagher 05:06, 19 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Okay. I think I've finally covered it! Anyone got any suggestions? --dan, dan and dan 12:25, August 30, 2005 (UTC)
- Well done. Not worth putting in the article, but the real reason people don't like the night GF is they want to start drinking too early, by the time 8:00 rolls around, they're too pissed to care. Dinky-di League fans. --Paul 06:45, 8 September 2005 (UTC)
I can see why you have taken the "enormous damage" line out of the "Legacy" section, however line specifically says that the damage was done to the finances and public perception of the sport. I don't think that this is taken a POV, and I think there are few people in the community who would disagree. It is also backed up by some of the references (specifically the SMH article linked from here). Perhaps I could reword it.
- Although Super League damaged the public perceptions and financial standing of rugby league in Australia, a number of concepts that it introduced lived on into the new millenium.
If there aren't any objections I will put this up. --dan, dan and dan 20:30, 6 October 2005 (UTC)
Super League War
What do people think of moving this to Super League War or The Superleague War. As the article covers more controversey/legacy than the actual competition itself and it is always referred to as The Superleague War. I just think it would be better if it was moved. Cvene64 05:04, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- I'd agree, perhaps Superleague (Australia) page can just refer to the 1997 Competition.Mattlore 08:49, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
- I also agree. At the moment the actual competition is buried under all of this info about legal issues. Bongomanrae 18:44, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- Someone has removed swathes of information from this page, probably in response to the message at the top that suggests it be broken down into smaller articles as it is quite large. This is a shame because when I read this article in it's previous, longer form I found it a riveting read. To prevent the deletion of more content, I'm going to be bold and do it. I'm splitting this page into the headings outlined above as no one has protested or suggested otherwise.--Jeff79 06:29, 4 May 2007 (UTC)