Talk:Syriac Catholic Church
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The Syrian Catholic Church is an offshoot of the Assyrian Apostolic Church (changed in the 1950s to the Syrian Orthodox Church), popularly known as Jacobite. The conversion of parts of the Jacobite community to Catholicism began in the 17th century but took about two centuries to stabilize. The movement was centered in Ottoman Aleppo (now in Syria) operating under the influence of French diplomats and missionaries. Today the head of this Church, the Patriarch of Antioch (one of many), resides in Beirut. The language of this community is Syriac and Arabic for liturgy and for vernacular use. With a considerable portion of the community is diaspora outside the Middle East , the main communities in the Middle East are located in northern Iraq (around Mosul), in the Aleppo area, and in Lebanon.
Source: Joseph, John. Muslim-Christian relations and inter-Christian rivalries in the Middle East : the case of the Jacobites in an age of transition ( Albany : State University of New York Press, c1983)
- I do not think this is correct. The Assyrian Apostolic Church is Nestorian while the Syrian Orthodox Church is miaphysite. 3abos (talk) 01:10, 12 February 2013 (UTC)
Catholic Church naming conventions RfC
There is currently an RfC at Wikipedia_talk:Naming_conventions_(Catholic_Church)#RfC:_should_this_page_be_made_a_naming_convention that may be of interest. Gaia Octavia Agrippa Talk 23:39, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Syriac Catholic Church. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120302155251/http://www.cnewa.us/source-images/Roberson-eastcath-statistics/eastcatholic-stat10.pdf to http://www.cnewa.us/source-images/Roberson-eastcath-statistics/eastcatholic-stat10.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060501164340/http://opuslibani.org.lb/syriamenufr.html to http://www.opuslibani.org.lb/syriamenufr.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110714065337/http://www.easterncatholics.net/ to http://www.easterncatholics.net/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060323091556/http://www.syriac-catholic.org/ to http://www.syriac-catholic.org/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.